What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Why you should at least hold some Stellar (XLM) in 2018

Hiii guys.

So first of all, I create this thread is NOT to shill you guys XLM. I just wanna share about my little research and I think it would be nice to share it.

As you guys know that Stellar one of oldest coin on the MarketCap. Its blockchain already running since 2014.

Okay straight to the research.

In Stellar Roadmap (Source) published on 25th Jan 2018 there are a couple goals that Stellar want to achieve and it's already huge !
  1. SDEX – the Stellar Decentralized Exchange (Yeah I know this is common, even Waves already launched their DEX long time ago)
  2. Lightning Network on Stellar (And this is the reason why you should hold it)
Yeah it's true LN on Stellar !!

For you guys who doesn't know what Lightning Network (LN) is can read the detail here.

Once again, always DYOR. This is only a little sharing.

I hope we can gain 10x from it.

Good luck guys :cool:

Klax

Well, i think one of my first purchases when joining crypto last year was XLM. And I still hold them. Little over 1k. Hopefully they will increase in value over time.

Well, i think one of my first purchases when joining crypto last year was XLM. And I still hold them. Little over 1k. Hopefully they will increase in value over time.
That's a reasonable amount to hold. I'm sure it will increase over time this year

Rocha

I sold all with a small loss. Like Cardano, just don´t like the projects and purpose.
These projects focus on partial solutions that could be implemented by any currency, I do not see anything innovative.
But XML is on my top3 crypto to swing trade!

I sold all with a small loss. Like Cardano, just don´t like the projects and purpose.
These projects focus on partial solutions that could be implemented by any currency, I do not see anything innovative.
Why you don't the project and purpose?

Yeah me too XLM is good for daily trading

Aerolite

I still don't own any XLM but it has been on my list of the ones to buy for a while now. I keep seeing its name pop up in stories about working with IBM, corporations and banks - even central banks. It just seems it would be wise to hold some XLM as a hedge for mainstream adoption.

I got like 5K of XLM bought on Sept last year. Luckily I sold at middle of the peak.
Never look back at XLM from that time because I feel it can not go over $1.
Guess I have to buy some.

Klax

I got like 5K of XLM bought on Sept last year. Luckily I sold at middle of the peak.
Never look back at XLM from that time because I feel it can not go over $1.
Guess I have to buy some.
XLM might be one of those sleeping giants...something similar to Apple in the dot com era, but that might also be just a fuss in the end.

If LN can be successfully implemented by Stellar lumen it can be worth holding...

I followed the project from the time they did the long time giveaway, It's worthwhile only that one of the team has left.

I also see good things for XLM this year once all this FUD has cleared out and 2018 bull run. It is a really a good project with a bright bright future.

plpatel

Well I guess I'm bit late here on this report, but i'm fortunate to have come across this.
I have kept watch on this, on this current level this is still a good pick.

i bought some xlm last year when it was high and popular. now i am at loss. but i think cryptos are all at lost at current period. i'll just hold and wait for the right time to come.

sorin90

Staff member
I should have meet you years before , when stellar launched. I remember that I had nothing to do with cryptos back then and someone offered me a really small amount of money to make an account, recive my free stellars and send them to him. I was more for the $ back then so I accepted.

Elpeor00

Agree, partially, I also hold a few XLM to trade, mainly because it has pair with several other criptocurrencies and fiat currencies, but I see both Stellar and Cardano as just a worse and a better Ripple respectively, and I think both aren't innovative or really usefull in the long term besides being a 'tamed' crypto adequated to the tastes of current bank system.