What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Why community really is King!

I agree with OP's post and the community really is a key element in a coin's success. Look at bitcoin at start, descred, onioncoin etc

insculpt

"However, as it turns out this was not a bad thing". True community is King, I agree 100%, but this part, I beg to disagree, there is never a time when being scammed is "not a bad thing". It will always be bad no matter how much the scammed ones recover. But yeah the community helped turn a bad situation into a positive one.

The point made by offthecuff is true for every other coins too, because only when there are enough people who believe in, and accept the existence of a thing, then it can be considered as real. We can take bitcoin in its early days as an example, bitcoin begin its journey as a medium for transaction with others when the first purchase is made (the famous 10,000 BTC pizza) and look how far has it gone today. Community truly is king!
The most expensive pizza to be ever bought!

you create an interesting get to together, of like minded people you will pull a crowd and that crowd often gets bigger and bigger if their appetite for interesting conversations is quenched, in other words, if you get non toxic people chatting in your community then it will prevail.

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
you create an interesting get to together, of like minded people you will pull a crowd and that crowd often gets bigger and bigger if their appetite for interesting conversations is quenched, in other words, if you get non toxic people chatting in your community then it will prevail.
A lot of that will come down to the team both here and in discord, there will always be trolls and toxic people around and whilst i fully agree with freedom of speech people need to remain respectful throughout their dealings with other members. The member numbers are strarting to grow again now and I think we will soon see big increases in numbers of people getting involved.

Retrogrde7

A lot of that will come down to the team both here and in discord, there will always be trolls and toxic people around and whilst i fully agree with freedom of speech people need to remain respectful throughout their dealings with other members. The member numbers are strarting to grow again now and I think we will soon see big increases in numbers of people getting involved.
nothing like some heavy tweeting, won't fix I feel and adding extra tags in the tweet

Agreed, more tags won't solve anything, we need some other interesting things to get people attention
I kind of disagree, some of these other groups have tens and thousands of people that could come forward and contribute in ways some people could only dream of doing. Don't rule out broadening the scope of our reach and expanding on our community to come up with grand ideas

KissmarX

I really hope that DSTRA will find success. The community is a big factor on making it happen. And so are the dev team's innovations. When the markets are open, we all play it and determine the success of DSTRA. I pray that DSTRA will not become what happened f0me. That's my prayer.

By the way, nice article you have written here. :dstraheart:

I really hope that DSTRA will find success. The community is a big factor on making it happen. And so are the dev team's innovations. When the markets are open, we all play it and determine the success of DSTRA. I pray that DSTRA will not become what happened f0me. That's my prayer.

By the way, nice article you have written here. :dstraheart:
I feel the devs have already proved themselves now that they want to keep moving forward

i think they have learnt the hard way and besides they do have a multi signature setup for airdrops and dev funds, so no one can run off with money

Raypok

Community is growing due to the efforts of the team, their activities these last weeks pumped the momentum for this project. We're going in the right direction imo

Community is growing due to the efforts of the team, their activities these last weeks pumped the momentum for this project. We're going in the right direction imo
yep i would agree. It feels like more and more people are starting to educate themselves on crypto too.