What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Weekly Airdrop

How long an Airdrop should be continued?

• 7 days

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 15 days

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters

irenjosh

Yea. The current 15days format is just perfect because it gives us a 4 days of break and rest from the hassle of leveling up. I am in agreement to this arrangement

I also think that 2-week airdrop is more suitable, because both the participants and the team can have few days for taking a break. Switching the duration to 1 week will just increase the workload of both parties.

Yes some rest and relaxation for the team is important - with juggling the day jobs with the coin and with all the recent stresses - think 2 week airdrop is warranted.

serathy

DSTRA Staff
Staff member
I will like our airdrops to be 14 days an airdrop.
Actually the point of having 10+4 was pretty obvious - we wanted to have a fixed "day" to start each airdrop, so then people will get used to it. If we would run a full 14-days AD round and then take some days on top of it for all the calculations, etc. We would end up with a pretty 'flexible' starts, so then it would be pretty easy for some people to miss joining in from the very beginning.

Thus we went into Monday as start, 10 days of getting stakes and then 4 days for us to gather the data, consolidate it, check, etc. This way we are basically ready with another round again on Monday ;)

usbs

It would be easier to track the current week at DSTRA if the AD format is change to each week instead of every 2 weeks! this will give a better way to track to the supporters, knowing that the week ends at Sunday for example, otherwise we need to keep track the dates in our minds or calendar. We need to do as simple as possible our tasks and support!!

gij1977

I am with weekly AD, But be should aware of a lot of work that the team should done for each AD, I think DSTRA have one of the most fair and complex AD structure, so it is more important to do ADs fair than fast.

I am with weekly AD, But be should aware of a lot of work that the team should done for each AD, I think DSTRA have one of the most fair and complex AD structure, so it is more important to do ADs fair than fast.
Of course, it will require more times but DEV team can add some more people to their team.

Raypok

I think an AD every two weeks is fine, dedicated community members will stick around and be active imo. Thanx for the discussion!

Right now, we are having airdrop within 2 weeks. However, I'm not against it. But I would be happy if the airdrop will happen weekly.

Benefits:
1. More Active Forum
2. More people will join the community.
3. Increase member engagement
4. Decrease relationship between member and MOD team which helps a forum to be more active.

Thanks. I want to have your opinion based on this.
The airdrop should continue any ways it dosent matter if it take one week or two weeks .. but only the dumpers want it to finish as soon as possible all that is just my point of view

The decentralisation of the coinage is definitely what would be the ultimate aim but when people dump it tends to funnel the coin to a few players, which is what happens. However when you have the coin used for purposes and cases then it's likely the coin will spread out again.

In any case a weekly airdrop does feel rushed, don't mind the two weekly airdrop.

carpets

I want 15 days, no need to rush things, the team needs more time to clear out everything and also give a chance to those who have work like me :)

The airdrop should continue any ways it dosent matter if it take one week or two weeks .. but only the dumpers want it to finish as soon as possible all that is just my point of view
Hey,who said dumpers want fast? What to dump even? DSTRA? Which was not listed in any exchange while I made the post. Grow and talk with positively.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
The decentralisation of the coinage is definitely what would be the ultimate aim but when people dump it tends to funnel the coin to a few players, which is what happens. However when you have the coin used for purposes and cases then it's likely the coin will spread out again.

In any case a weekly airdrop does feel rushed, don't mind the two weekly airdrop.
Yes, there are a few of big bag holders out there already (from the wapped coins) and that's why DAM are implemented to ensure decentralization of distribution(less people means fewer AD pool = more airdrops = slower progress), if we want faster progress for this project, we need to promote more and get more people to join onboard

Meliodas

Staff member
Be it 7 or 14 days, I am okay, but the main problem is the time of 4 days devs team takes to do various things before we get our Dstras.
Those 4 days are used for administration (AD results processing, distributing AD rewards, internal discussions on how to improve the project, etc). The devs are not idle at those days while you can rest at those days mate.... What good idea do you have to solve this problem then?

i think the devs team have reason why they implemented a 2 week airdrop period. let's leave it this way. most of the members here are also participating in other coin project activities, making this a 1 week airdrop period will add more pressure to the members. i'm satisfied with this setup.

takaf007

I think the time of two weeks is just right for the airdrop period.

However, can we continue airdrop without significant progress as it is?

Is the operation promoting something?
If only community talking is done, is not it necessary to advance products such as making DSTRA's own community service?

Right now, we are having airdrop within 2 weeks. However, I'm not against it. But I would be happy if the airdrop will happen weekly.

Benefits:
1. More Active Forum
2. More people will join the community.
3. Increase member engagement
4. Decrease relationship between member and MOD team which helps a forum to be more active.

Thanks. I want to have your opinion based on this.
Airdrop each 2 weeks its ok

FaucetKING

Staff member
The larger the duration of the airdrop, the more users will join us which will make DSTRA fly!
I'm not here for my profits, at least not before the 3rd listing in exchangers, i would do my best to make DSTRA great!
But, the actual DAM and specifics of the airdrop are just good :) no need to change them :D

Meliodas

Staff member
The larger the duration of the airdrop, the more users will join us which will make DSTRA fly!
I'm not here for my profits, at least not before the 3rd listing in exchangers, i would do my best to make DSTRA great!
But, the actual DAM and specifics of the airdrop are just good :) no need to change them :D
Yes, the Airdrop will be longer if there is small or no new people joining the project, if we have a lot of new people joining, the airdrop will end much faster (the main idea of DAM is to get the coin distributed to as many people as possible).