What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Tutorial: Import Paper Wallet

Hi guys!
I making a tutorial on how to import your paper wallet's private key for the members who doesn't know how.

1st go to the WalletGenerator.net - Universal Paper wallet generator for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies https://paper.dstra.io/# and click the skip button.​
Untitled.png

Now you will see the public and private key. The public key is the address that you want to receive your dstra coins and the private key is the one that you don't wan't to share to others. Because it's private. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seriously don't share your private keys to others just keep it. If you want to print your paper wallet just click the print button. Or I would suggest that copy the details and paste it on notepad and boot up your dstra wallet. If you don't know how to set up your dstra wallet just click this link Tutorial: Set up Dstra wallet https://forum.dstra.io/threads/tutorial-set-up-dstra-wallet.91/
Untitled.png

Go to settings and click encrypt wallet. Make an passphrase to your wallet for security of your wallet or staking purpose. When you're done just hit the ok button. The wallet will close. It's ok that's normal and boot your wallet again and go to settings and click unlock wallet.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Put your passphrase and uncheck the for staking only and hit ok button.
Untitled.png

Now go to Help and click Debug window.​
Untitled.png

Click the console the type this importprivkey [your private key] and press enter.
Note: The brackets are not include.
And it should be like this.
Untitled.png

And you're done! Your private key is in your pc wallet now!
If you have any questions about this tutorial, feel free to ask ;)
Enjoy!​

Attachments

Thanks for this PaperWallet tutorial on how to import it to a desktop wallet.
I just have one question mate since I cannot see the images. When importing the Paper Wallet private key to the desktop wallet.
Should we import it in a new desktop wallet without coins? Appreciate the help mate Thanks. :dstraheart::dstraheart:

chipr

I agree, good tutorial @ianskieMK26 on using a paper wallet, or importing one. I think there are not too many people using, or really know how to use, a paper wallet but for just hodling for a period it is good and secure.

I know I am using a paper wallet for another couple of weeks or so since I my HD is getting really, dangerously, full. Then I will need to import it into the desktop wallet soon so I can stake.

Thanks for this PaperWallet tutorial on how to import it to a desktop wallet.
I just have one question mate since I cannot see the images. When importing the Paper Wallet private key to the desktop wallet.
Should we import it in a new desktop wallet without coins? Appreciate the help mate Thanks. :dstraheart::dstraheart:
I think it is possible to import private key to wallet even with coins inside!