What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

The DSTRA Xmas advent calendar

kana

I have a question about Day8 Task, Surprise advent door opening.
Does the reward 3 dstra count as grabbing for the required 10+ dstra ? or, is it just the reward ?

twthmoses

Staff member
I have a question about Day8 Task, Surprise advent door opening.
Does the reward 3 dstra count as grabbing for the required 10+ dstra ? or, is it just the reward ?
Everything counts that comes from the xmas advent address. So +3 it is for those 15 addresses.

hi guys, i noticed some members very active in monitoring the xmas wallet, so active that the balance were withdrawn within 1 minute after deposit. i have to find some time slot to check wallets where these addicts are either sleeping or at work so i can have a better chance of grabbing some coins.

chipr

DSTRA Moderator
Staff member
hi guys, i noticed some members very active in monitoring the xmas wallet, so active that the balance were withdrawn within 1 minute after deposit. i have to find some time slot to check wallets where these addicts are either sleeping or at work so i can have a better chance of grabbing some coins.
Ha ha, "addicts sleeping or at work", are you kidding yourself. That is the definition of an addict, they will grab coins while at work and not so much for sleeping since we are worldwide. Having said that, and as @twthmoses has pointed out, there have been a couple of times where there were coins on the Advent Calendar address sitting for over an hour; max now about 2.5 hours. Good luck and join in the fun!
Post automatically merged:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
That was kind of a rotten trick... we operate on GMT+1 :confused:

Last edited:
there are many guys here that are too intelligent. even with given explanations on how answers are derived, I still can't get it. I salute those with high IQs here in the community. please stay here long, dstra community are in need of people like you.

chipr

DSTRA Moderator
Staff member
there are many guys here that are too intelligent. even with given explanations on how answers are derived, I still can't get it. I salute those with high IQs here in the community. please stay here long, dstra community are in need of people like you.
That is one of the drawbacks many times that someone who as you say has a high IQ, or more succinctly that is a programmer or so technically oriented, often will have difficulty explaining an issue in layman's terms, to a non-technically oriented audience; even though if broken down it would be easily digestible by a non techie. That is the best quality of a technical writer, that they have the ability to understand the technology at hand and to write about in in ordinary terms without using industry jargon (words specific to an industry, like dust, hodl, conflicted, for crypto). If those terms need to be introduced the writer will explain first what those terms mean.

twthmoses

Staff member
Day12 task : i think it's K but how to participate?
Sorry about that. It was already solved, but forgot to change it to "done" - while payout coins :). @kana is correct, its M

How to participate, import the private key and start grabbing some coins - meaning transfer them away from the imported key/address to one of your own addresses.

twthmoses

Staff member
I imported the private key indicated in topic but i don't get anything if there's a problem how to canceal :)
View attachment 950
You have to take them, before others take them. Its a shared wallet address and in order for you to profit from it, you have to transfer the incoming amount away from the share wallet to one of your own addresses. If you are too slow, other will do it first.

chipr

DSTRA Moderator
Staff member
I imported the private key indicated in topic but i don't get anything if there's a problem how to canceal :)
View attachment 950
1. This is correct, the D8LoX4u9vP7vx9Hvox3TaFUgMf9ikx3EBQ address is the Advent Calendar incoming address... it helps if you label it so you recognize what it is right away.

2. Every time you see an incoming deposit to that Advent calendar address, it shows in your wallet with 1 confirmation (you see it deposited but have to wait maybe a minute), then check the SEND tab and that address appears with the amount of coins indicated on Transactions tab. If another member beats you to it then there will no longer be the Advent calendar in you SEND tab.

3. Back on Transactions tab, it shows to which address the coins were sent, to the member who grabbed them quicker. So for all who are playing, each of us will see these transactions on the tab, and they will appear as if the go into our wallets... but since we all have the private key we can each of us grab the coins and they are then no longer showing in any wallet but the winners.

cal-dep-withdraw.png

My entry dated 12/13/18 22:52 on DHLy9CqtJpSix8A9rCHap8qdYbJ2WLbpoE for -0.80298556, is the same as yours of 14/12/18 7:52 (with the time zone difference). That member grabbed the $dstra that had been deposited to Adv. Cal. address (in above you see where the same amount was received. Starting at the bottom of graphic there are 2 deposits received during a slow period since they are 10 minutes apart and nobody grabbed them until 22:29 and that member was sent the combined total (of both deposits received on Adv. Cal. address). It's just a little tricky but not so much.

Nobody can grab any of your other coins, only the Advent calendar address coins since we all have the private key. You are basically importing the whole address with coins each time you grab, but others still have the pvt key.

I hope that helps.

1. This is correct, the D8LoX4u9vP7vx9Hvox3TaFUgMf9ikx3EBQ address is the Advent Calendar incoming address... it helps if you label it so you recognize what it is right away.

2. Every time you see an incoming deposit to that Advent calendar address, it shows in your wallet with 1 confirmation (you see it deposited but have to wait maybe a minute), then check the SEND tab and that address appears with the amount of coins indicated on Transactions tab. If another member beats you to it then there will no longer be the Advent calendar in you SEND tab.

3. Back on Transactions tab, it shows to which address the coins were sent, to the member who grabbed them quicker. So for all who are playing, each of us will see these transactions on the tab, and they will appear as if the go into our wallets... but since we all have the private key we can each of us grab the coins and they are then no longer showing in any wallet but the winners.

View attachment 951

My entry dated 12/13/18 22:52 on DHLy9CqtJpSix8A9rCHap8qdYbJ2WLbpoE for -0.80298556, is the same as yours of 14/12/18 7:52 (with the time zone difference). That member grabbed the $dstra that had been deposited to Adv. Cal. address (in above you see where the same amount was received. Starting at the bottom of graphic there are 2 deposits received during a slow period since they are 10 minutes apart and nobody grabbed them until 22:29 and that member was sent the combined total (of both deposits received on Adv. Cal. address). It's just a little tricky but not so much.

Nobody can grab any of your other coins, only the Advent calendar address coins since we all have the private key. You are basically importing the whole address with coins each time you grab, but others still have the pvt key.

I hop that helps.
But how to grab its and send it to my wallet what I do exactly in wallet when the amount appear excuse me for this lot questions:)

twthmoses

Staff member
But how to grab its and send it to my wallet what I do exactly in wallet when the amount appear excuse me for this lot questions:)
Under send there is "coin control" (enable coin control in option). select the amount on the xmas advent address and send it to you own address
2018-12-14_LI.jpg

I have selected an amount (under Input) from the Xmas advent address and is about to send it to my own address (an address i only have)

kana

Day16 task : 40
one side of the big square : a
one side of the small square : b
number of square a on a side : 16
number of square 2a on a side : 9
number of square 3a on a side : 4
number of square 4a on a side : 1
number of square b on a side : 8
number of square 2b on a side : 2
total : 40

DSTday16task.png