What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

The DSTRA Xmas advent calendar

twthmoses

Staff member
Dstra_xmas_advent_calendar.jpg

The DSTRA Xmas advent calendar. As my old grandpa always said, its only Xmas once a year, so go nuts with gifts, bells and whistle , - to which I responded, it’s also only June or October once a year! Go nuts there too he said. Well ok then. Team DSTRA is going Xmas nuts with a new advent calendar, 23 days in a row of DSTRA coin gifts within a game. Grab away while you can.

Advent calendar game.
Every day for the next 23 days, starting December 1, team DSTRA will transfer coins into an chosen advent DSTRA blockchain address, at random intervals and in random amounts. It is now for you to grab as many of these coins as you can. For this transfer to begin in the first place, each day a given task must be done. This task has to be done by just one person, any person. If several do it, no problem, more than fine in fact, but it has to be done by at least one person, before the coins begin to flow to this address. No task done, no coin flow. Tasks can be simple trivial tasks, puzzles or more difficult tasks etc...

This is the address: D8LoX4u9vP7vx9Hvox3TaFUgMf9ikx3EBQ and this is the
private key for that address: LWeFL7wr4hWqCMpMBQ5kFvr77nRkB4XiRjvfExMHV5LQ6asnY9Wu

Import the key and be ready to grab coins from 1. december.

A game within a game.
A Grand Prize waits at door number 24. To qualify for the Grand Prize of the Advent calendar game, door number 24, you will have to grab 10 or more dstra coins from the above address. This works purely on address base. Every address that manage to transfer 10+ dstra away from the advent calendar game gift address, automatically qualifies for the Grand Prize. Each address is counted on its own. So if you are transferring away to different addresses, but sure at least one of them get 10 dstra coins or above. Only addresses that has grabbed 10 or more dstra qualifies, no exceptions.

Grand prize
Since few of us have the time or will to play a game the 24-25-26 December, the Grand Prize game will be played the 27. december. This is an elimination game. Be there or be eliminated. Game will be a series of tasks, with a limited time to fulfill them. If not fulfilled you are eliminated. This continues till one is left standing.

On the 25. december, 1200 GMT to 20.59 GMT you will have 9 hours to validate (claim/proof/tell/link) your discord name to any of the Grand Prize qualified addresses. If any address is not validated / linked by then, the address is eliminated for the Grand Prize game that takes place the 27. december.

Have a great game and let the Xmas conflict transactions begin :)

---------------------------------------------------
12.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]: Hmmm :unsure: I'm missing a letter?
Dec 12_002.png

13.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
Ahha a community door today! A group assignment is up today. It is the 13th today and we are heading for the 3rd advent, so let’s make the number 39. Lift in flock and the door opens. We need 39 retweet on this DSTRA tweet
14.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]: Puzzle time is not over just yet!

Dec 14.png
15.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
I'm in the need of a number :unsure:
Dec 15B.png

16.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
Hmm seems to have lost track of my squares! How many squares are in this image?
Dec 16.png

17.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
Ahhh Surprise door opening! Auto reward. The last 15 addresses that have claimed from the Xmas address is automatically reward 3 dstra each. Note this is not the last 15 different addresses that have claimed, but the last 15 claimants, regardless if one or more of them are the same. Cut is at 21.00 UTC. Last 15 up to this time are paid.
18.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
Now this one looks strange. No options available :unsure: I need help!
Dec 18B.png
19.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [open]:
A special door is about to open. For this day and this day only the receiving Xmas advent address is different, it’s D5iH2pqofTaVDHLoHYtVJYo9CB8Nfi7R14. If you want the private key for this address solve this little puzzle. Send the answer to me (twthmoses) in private (forum or discord) and you will receive the private key for this address in return. As soon a one has sent the correct answer the coins will begin flow to the address. So this is your chance to horde a lot of dstra by being first. (Note coins from other days that are not deplete yet, still flows to the original Xmas address)
How many holes does this t-shirt have?
dec 19.jpg

20.December - Started, 100% coin amount available.
Task [not done yet]:
Write a short "essay", something like a 100 words, about why you are hang around the Dstra community. Don’t need no sucking up, just be honest. If you like the airdrop, say so, if you are just here to potentially make some cash, say so, if you like the atmosphere of the community, say so... etc…
Post your writing in the dstra bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3922106.0 and post a link to it here.

21.December - Started, 0% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
And yet another little strange puzzle :)
Dec 21.png

22.December - Started, 55% coin amount available.
Task [done]:
Ohh no. more of this… Xmas is just not complete without these..
Dec 22.png
23.December - Started, 100% coin amount available.
Task [not done yet]:
Last distribution of Dstra airdrop for this year has happened. Let’s get the tweet out. Airdrop 16 has been distributed and it’s the 4th advent today, so let’s say 16+4 times two = 40. 40 retweet of this dstra tweet is needed to open today’s door. And to celebrate that’s it’s the 4th advent, coin amount is 2.5 times higher than normal. If you have not qualified for the grand game yet, this is your chance.

Last edited:

serathy

DSTRA Staff
Staff member
It's a fun game! I want to participate but I do not know well.
Rules are quite simple - monitor this thread, import the priv key listed above and once the task @twthmoses is completed (one task per day), money will appear under that address. Then you have to be fast enough to send them to your address as there's only one reward per day and who is the fastest gets the candy ;)

Hint: Open wallet's Options -> Enable Coin Control; then in Send tab you will have "Inputs", so you have to click that address, confirm, put the number of coins (so the reward that sits there once the task is resolved), and send it to your own address.

twthmoses

Staff member
Rules are quite simple - monitor this thread, import the priv key listed above and once the task @twthmoses is completed (one task per day), money will appear under that address. Then you have to be fast enough to send them to your address as there's only one reward per day and who is the fastest gets the candy ;)

Hint: Open wallet's Options -> Enable Coin Control; then in Send tab you will have "Inputs", so you have to click that address, confirm, put the number of coins (so the reward that sits there once the task is resolved), and send it to your own address.
Yes you and I know the amount each day - don't tell :) But it will not come as one single amount, it will flow into to address in random amounts and at random intervals. Little here little there, given amber opportunity for many to grab something. Hint the more you grab the less will be able to grab the required 10 dstra to compete for the grand prize = more chance for you!

Kenbow

It looks interesting, but I can not understand the rules well.
Do I have to import the above private key, and waiting for the first task to be announced?

twthmoses

Staff member
It looks interesting, but I can not understand the rules well.
Do I have to import the above private key, and waiting for the first task to be announced?
Yes import key and you are ready. Wait for 1.dec and the game begins. When first task comes and someone, anyone completes it, the coins will begin to flow, at random amounts and random times. Stay around your wallet and grab

kana

Yes import key and you are ready. Wait for 1.dec and the game begins. When first task comes and someone, anyone completes it, the coins will begin to flow, at random amounts and random times. Stay around your wallet and grab
Thank you for explanation.
I also did not understand the rules, but now I do.
I am looking forward to the task announced.

Thanks for another cool game twthmoses. I just finished importing the private key and will be looking forward to participating. I never messed around with the coin control feature before and will need to learn it before the game start.

twthmoses

Staff member
A professional coin sender gets all prize:eek:
I could not catch up with ito_O
I need more practice to send coins.
Professional coin grabber :) like that, want that on my card :)
There are coins right now on the address, grab them! Been there for like 5 min now. The "pro" is asleep!
So far i can see 3 different addresses has grab coins i can see

twthmoses

Staff member
1. december pot is just about all grabbed. I count 8 different addresses who has got something from the pot. Congrat.
Open door number two, and it goes on again…..

chipr

DSTRA Moderator
Staff member
DSTRA is the heaviest!!
Yes, I think you are correct looking at the whole picture as a diagram again. I went to CoinMarketCap and actually started looking up which coin had the most coins circulating, by the pairs of coins grouped together. Wrong approach this time it was a simple visual, "scales" weight, analysis.

twthmoses

Staff member
Had a couple of questions from guys, how to grab these coins fast enough, cause they seem to be gone fast. And that they are, for sure :)

There is no time to waste in this game, on average they are gone in minutes, sometimes in seconds, though the longest time coins stood on the Xmas account unclaimed is currently 1h 6 min. Don’t imagine that will be broken, but you never know.

So here is how. Make a new wallet. If you uncomfortable or don’t know how to run two instances of a DSTRA wallet on one computer (or have two computers), then temporarily rename you main wallet folder to something else. The folder is found in %AppData% roaming and is named DSTRA2. Rename it to something else, like xDSTRA2. Only temporally. After the game is done, delete the Xmas wallet you are about to create and rename you main folder back to normal.

Once renamed, start dstra again. It will create a new wallet, with a new address. Forget all about that address. Import the Xmas key. Go to “sending addresses” in “file” and tab in where you want to Xmas grabbed coins to go to – your main Dstra address maybe? from main Dstra wallet? Any address you want Xmas coin to go to.

Now, keep the wallet running 24/7, on the send page. Tab the little icon with the users (choose previously used address) and select your address. Do that before any transaction comes in. Be ready. When you hear an incoming transaction (sound on) tab “input” and select input, only input there is – if more, you are lucky, select all. Close right away (OK). Right click on amount in “After fee” and click “copy after fee”. Mouse down to “amount” and paste. Press “send” and “yes”. Done. Takes seconds.

Happy grabbing…

Had a couple of questions from guys, how to grab these coins fast enough, cause they seem to be gone fast. And that they are, for sure :)

There is no time to waste in this game, on average they are gone in minutes, sometimes in seconds, though the longest time coins stood on the Xmas account unclaimed is currently 1h 6 min. Don’t imagine that will be broken, but you never know.

Happy grabbing…
Thanks for the breakdown. I totally forgot about the option to rename and just imported into my current wallet. I've never played with coin features before until now.