What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Telegram Advertisement for DSTRA

Telegram is chaotic, unorganized, hard to facilitate and quite the 'spammy' messaging service. But you cant deny the fact that its a popular messaging app used by crypto enthusiasts and crypto related people. Discord is way better than telegram but there are so many people who use telegram and we only have 100+ members there. It has its issues, but surely we can make use of it to advertise our coin.

skateboard

haha. you're trying to raise awareness of DSTRA telegram among community members? )) I have tg, but rarely use it. I think DSTRA team can include requirement to join TG in some bounty program.

More like, advertise DSTRA to the non-community members there but requiring the members to join the messenger is great too. To have some decent number on the channel

How to do advertisement in Telegram? Do you mean by creating a DSTRA Telegram channel/group?
Dstra already have one. But it has only a hundred members in it. Telegram is easy to use and maybe even popular than discord in some ways and as i said theres a lot of telegram users who doesnt know discord, what is happening there and how to use and utilize it. Why not use it as a gateway to the discord channel? Cause some of them (who doesnt know discord) chooses telegram over discord.

telegram is huge. we can setup official telegram channel handled by a mod. i just don't know if it's feasible to do airdrop there. we need a bot to monitor/count the messages posted by each member and this may be difficult. maybe we just let it be initially without any airdrop benefits. just that we can put links there about our dstra forum to get them here.

serathy

DSTRA Staff
Staff member
telegram is huge. we can setup official telegram channel handled by a mod. i just don't know if it's feasible to do airdrop there. we need a bot to monitor/count the messages posted by each member and this may be difficult. maybe we just let it be initially without any airdrop benefits. just that we can put links there about our dstra forum to get them here.
Official Telegram channel is running since the pre-launch events and we use it as a form of putting announcements further.

Hank

Dstra already have one. But it has only a hundred members in it. Telegram is easy to use and maybe even popular than discord in some ways and as i said theres a lot of telegram users who doesnt know discord, what is happening there and how to use and utilize it. Why not use it as a gateway to the discord channel? Cause some of them (who doesnt know discord) chooses telegram over discord.
I believe this was discussed with the team in the past from what I remembered and I believe to be able to monitor both discord, forum and there would be a difficult task and it is used more just for posting progress and announcements.

But aside from above, what partially are you suggesting? Maybe if you proposed a detail solution it would be helpful aside from just need to use telegram. Like is there going to be part of the AD reward system, channels to make, etc. Sorry I am not familiar with Telegram, but seems like another chat of which discord seems to be our main chat and I think it not that difficult to use and it was my first time using it.

ppip

Telegram could be used as an announcement channel for diehard telegram ppl. Just lock the group to prevent posting and use it for links, updates and important announcements.

Hank

Telegram could be used as an announcement channel for diehard telegram ppl. Just lock the group to prevent posting and use it for links, updates and important announcements.
This is how it is set up now anyways so not sure if this is value adding.

ppip

This is how it is set up now anyways so not sure if this is value adding.
May be the case, but some ppl view have telegram on a coin/tokens resume to be a requirement of a viable crypto project. Personally I hate, and would delete and purge it from my computer if it wasn't used by every crypto project. In the very least it will provide ppl who are using telegram to quickly find dstra current events.

mako jr

to be honest, telegram advertisement mostly to become spamming message in different channel, if give giving rewards for inviting people to join the group it could easily to reach the maximum, you only need to know other telegram username, you can directly invite him/ her into group without his/her permission

I've seen them nullify 'invetes' where a user only adds up a member thru adding him/her by username and only counts those ones joined thru the invite link. And some channel runs some bots to get rid of fraudulent accounts. As for the value of using it, as i said many people doesnt know the value and use of discord whilst telegram is known to be a crypto haven. We can run a mini airdrop outside discord (in twitter and facebook) in which they are required to join telegram .Ex. (in twitter) 1.Follow 2.Like post 3. Retweet post. 3.Join telegram . And a bot in telegram can send a message per user joined the details (wallet download , discord link in which they can earn more dstra). It can be done in facebook too. Anyways its just a idea.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
I like Discord better honestly, It has much more to offer than telegram (we can have several sub-channels inside our channel, better bots, etc), it is alos easily used for spamming and telegram bounties is much inferior than discord imo (because in discord we have to spend time)

carpets

I am not using telegram anymore it's better in discord but we do have a telegram group since the start of the ad it just need to be published and spread the word through fb or twitter so that we can have more members in there.

We needs no advertising ourselves cause we already know how discord works and how great our coin is. Its them telegram/facebook/twitter prople (the ones who doesnt know dstra) that i am saying that we should target not the ones in our discord server, but them adding up to the number of members would be good to attract more

I'm not a huge fan of telegram as it tends to attract trolls and entitled fortune hunters. It's not about building community, it's almost like the opposite. I much prefer the discord approach. Having multiple platforms will be alot of work for the moderators in the team, and keeping the message and culture consistent will be a real challenge. Maybe fewer channels and more curated?

Telegram look spammy but it seems the cryptos community who use telegram is more than discord.
I think for dstra marketing, just focus on bct signature + social media.

I think telegram official announcement channel should be enough. I am not a big fan of telegram and I am not using it that often. I joined a lot of telegram channels for airdrop but in fact I rarely check them. I like discord better.

Mohon

we already have telegram and it is being used for dstra announcement.But I think if we make a telegram conversation channel, people wont chat there much as discord is more preferable to most.And its also true discord is way better than telegram.

Yes i agree with you @iDc_IsAwesome most crypto airdrops now use telegram as their means of communication eventhough this apps has many issues. Yes it would be great if we have channel there but i think DSTRA members will still choose discord over telegram. :)