What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Suggestion for minimum post counts requirements every Airdrop rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapwindsoul

I am just wondering if everyone would agree with me or not if every airdrop rounds would consider just minimum post counts requirements like 10 to 20 posts every rounds as long as it is quality post/replies to prevent any participant to spam the forum just to increase post counts every rounds. It is up to the participants if they post more than the required post counts. I know this suggestion contradicts the idea of ladder system/percentage of distribution per AD as implemented already. My concern is to avoid any tendency of spamming. Comment down your thoughts.

Soksuci

Well it's quite hard because "quality post" is relative.

Plus such requirement will make people more spam than before.

For early phase I guess we need more people first then handle the spam stuff

skateboard

Imho i'd better put max amount of posts that are counted into airdrop. It will help prevent spam/flood just for the sake of share.

rapwindsoul

Anyway, it is all up to admin decision.. This type of airdrop system i guess will make us unique to any other airdrop program.

JWKY

I would no recommended for a minimum post on forum to get an airdrop
this will increase work for the team :ROFLMAO:
minimum level in DISCORD will be more suitable ;)

insculpt

I am just wondering if everyone would agree with me or not if every airdrop rounds would consider just minimum post counts requirements like 10 to 20 posts every rounds as long as it is quality post/replies to prevent any participant to spam the forum just to increase post counts every rounds. It is up to the participants if they post more than the required post counts. I know this suggestion contradicts the idea of ladder system/percentage of distribution per AD as implemented already. My concern is to avoid any tendency of spamming. Comment down your thoughts.
I think rather than avoid spamming, it will cause more spamming. Currently, there are people who are not even doing 10 posts for each AD because they are lost for words on what to say on the forum, now imagine a situation where there is now a minimum requirement, people will spam more just to get to the minimum.

tanuki

I don't even think that setting a minimum post is a better way.
As others say, it could cause even more spam.
Rather, think about the improvement of the ladder system?
In the present system, I feel that the difference is too big.

Soksuci

I don't even think that setting a minimum post is a better way.
As others say, it could cause even more spam.
Rather, think about the improvement of the ladder system?
In the present system, I feel that the difference is too big.
What do you mean by improvement in the ladder system?

Each AD will calculate from 0 again, so everyone start the same

tanuki

What do you mean by improvement in the ladder system?

Each AD will calculate from 0 again, so everyone start the same
For example, it is meant to make the ladder step more gradual.
I'm not an expert, so I don't have the right answer, but I thought it was worth thinking about.

mako jr

minimum post 10-20 may cause more spam, if my memory are not mistake now only dstra related topic/ comment would count for the airdrop

coly20032003

Yeah I think the current ladder system already works well. If you post less, you will be rewarded with less coins. Maybe we can consider minimum characters for posts, etc.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Yeah I think the current ladder system already works well. If you post less, you will be rewarded with less coins. Maybe we can consider minimum characters for posts, etc.
I also think we need some improved version of rules for AD parts in forum as I have seen a lot of posts are just some mindless simple posts like :thank you, great job, I agree, DSTRA will be successful, etc that brings no more value into the discussion. Minimum characters are also kind of hard to be applied imo as not all sort posts is a spam. Some long posts can also be a spam, so I think we should look more at the quality of the posts instead -does it bring more value to the discussion /the improvement of the project or does it not?

FaucetKING

Staff member
Thats a good requirement, peoples should get equal chances to get the same amount of coins if they deliver the requirements.I am with you.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Thats a good requirement, peoples should get equal chances to get the same amount of coins if they deliver the requirements.I am with you.
I disagree because this kind of distribution will make it easier for scammers (multiple accounts) to abuse the system and if we actually wanted to do this then we must make the minimum requirement so high per person that multiple accounts abusers can't easily abuse this (this will also push people to post just for the sake of getting the minimum requirement for joining Airdrop which also means more spam) not a good idea IMO

Soksuci

Everyone has an equal chances in every airdrop. All requirement start from 0 even in the forum too

FaucetKING

Staff member
I disagree because this kind of distribution will make it easier for scammers (multiple accounts) to abuse the system and if we actually wanted to do this then we must make the minimum requirement so high per person that multiple accounts abusers can't easily abuse this (this will also push people to post just for the sake of getting the minimum requirement for joining Airdrop which also means more spam) not a good idea IMO
Kinda agree.But i am only trying to help.

pwchangame001

With the use of ladder system, I don’t think it is suitable to implement such a rule as this will only increase the number of spam posts. I prefer the use of a minimum number of words rule.

Soksuci

With the use of ladder system, I don’t think it is suitable to implement such a rule as this will only increase the number of spam posts. I prefer the use of a minimum number of words rule.
This is more like it. Maybe minimum 75 character or more can do tackle the spammer

FreeHamster

Yeah but people can still spam long messages... Sometimes I think the minimum posts might have merit but then I think how much extra spam will these be on the forum....

hoanglinhvn

Imho i'd better put max amount of posts that are counted into airdrop. It will help prevent spam/flood just for the sake of share.
This is a nice idea !
There should be no minimum as every post contributed some value to the forums. But there should be max to avoid the spamming (just like I spammed "This is a nice idea") :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.