What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

staking ROI

panget

hi guys, i am getting different number of stakes each day, sometimes less, sometimes more. i wonder what is the ROI for dstra? or is it based on the number of dst coins being staked? if it is, lets assume all circulating coins are being staked, then does it mean i will be getting mycoins/totalcoins shares of the coins being produced?

twthmoses

Staff member
Staking is based on number of coins you have. While every stake is 2,5 dstra - currently 85% of this goes to the miner and 15% to the masternode, the number of stakes you get is based on the amount of coins you are staking – all with a lottery/luck factor.

Roughly 20K dstra will give about 8-12 stakes a day (of currently 2,125 dstra) , while 30K will give you 13-20 stakes a day. All with a bit of luck factor.

Last edited:
In my wallet the staking is active but i don't get anything can you please get me an explication how to stake DSTRA:)

twthmoses

Staff member
In my wallet the staking is active but i don't get anything can you please get me an explication how to stake DSTRA:)
If staking is active, you just have to wait. Chance of a stake depends on time and amount and that you keep your wallet open.

Just started with my first 1k coins and get about 1DSTRA reward per day. Actually, that is not too bad for this small amount. Usually you need more to get a bit of staking reward going. I guess this will promote starters to continue staking and not dump their airdropped coins.

wndd

Is there a command to know the number of coins currently being staking about ROI calculation?
I could not find it from debug console help.
I want a ROI calculator on the site if I can.

chunnorris

you cant calculate staking roi only MN roi, there are luck also on staking
MN reward are set
there are 39MN running curently so (0.75x1440)/39= 27.69 coins daily

wndd

you cant calculate staking roi only MN roi, there are luck also on staking
MN reward are set
there are 39MN running curently so (0.75x1440)/39= 27.69 coins daily
Yes. You can calculate the ROI of the master node.
Since I want to calculate staking, I want to know the command to check the total staking number.

Soksuci

Yup there is no ROI for Staking but you can see the inflation rate of DSTRA and see how much will you get in 1 year.

wndd

Considering the cost of VPS, in most cases it will be in the red.
I think the MN of the local host is optimal for many people.

wndd

Even cheap VPS costs a few dollars a month.
It is currently difficult to rely on VPS for only DSTRA MN.

guelmi92

Currently doing 24/7 staking on my Amazon VPS, I can get 15-20 coins per day.
It's probably less than having a MN but it's pretty good anyway :)

guelmi92

I never tried Amazon VPS. What is the price and what config do you get?
The first year is free, you just have to create an account, leave your credit card and choose between creating a VPS in Linux or Windows environment. In my case I have chosen to create the VPS in windows, it is modest (Intel Xeon E5-2676 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 1GB of ram, windows 2016 server and 30GB of storage) but enough to test the staking 24/7 with different coins.

peonuser

The first year is free, you just have to create an account, leave your credit card and choose between creating a VPS in Linux or Windows environment. In my case I have chosen to create the VPS in windows, it is modest (Intel Xeon E5-2676 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 1GB of ram, windows 2016 server and 30GB of storage) but enough to test the staking 24/7 with different coins.
Interesting. I like free. :D

chunnorris

i unadvise really to test it especially for a novice
i created account free, maybe i checked wrong case, i never used but they took me $4-5 for 2 months on bank account and its pain of ass to cancel this shit