What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Remember: save your wallet private key !

Klax

As some other member posted a tutorial earlier about backing up your wallet.dat file which I also recommend I want to encourage you to always save your private key. No matter what happens to your wallet by holding the private key you can always restore the information from that wallet address.

You can do so using some simple steps:

1. Open up your wallet
2. Make sure the wallet is unlocked (not only for staking !). If you have the wallet unlocked for staking only you need to lock it and then unlock it but DO NOT check the "only for staking" box.
3. With the wallet unlocked go to HELP>Debug Window>Console and type: dumpprivkey <your wallet address>
4. Save the output character somewhere safe !
5. In case you lose your laptop/pc/wallet.dat just download a new DSTRA client, do the steps from 1->3 but in the console type importprivkey <dstraprivkey>

dumpprivkey.jpg

Cykee

thank and really helpful tutorial save private key is really important don't lose it even you lost your wallet.dat you can get your coins with your pkey

dumh

I use `dumpwallet` to export all private keys.
this command can export private keys that not show in receive address list

Don't forget to delete the private from your computer once you've backed it up! External drives or veracrypt containers are great for this.
Personally I use an encrypted file for all my keys, that is backed up to dozens of locations (physcial/cloud) so I can never loose it either.

FaucetKING

Staff member
I already know how to save the private key, but, how to restore the wallet using it and not by using the wallet.dat file? :)

thanks for the tutorial it will help to the newbie in our community. most important to save is your privkey and your traw address. save your privkey to the safe place

FaucetKING

Staff member
put the importprivkey your privatekey in console, your wallet successfully restore
Thanks for the fast reply, does that command works even if i am running other wallets on dstra's wallet? will the imported wallet gets added without removing the old wallets?

Thanks for the fast reply, does that command works even if i am running other wallets on dstra's wallet? will the imported wallet gets added without removing the old wallets?
With importprivkey command you are importing your private key to your current wallet, so it won't remove any other keys/wallets no.

Junrey520

But is it OK to save the wallet.dat?
I only save wallet.dat but I can recover it by that file only or I should save the private also?