What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Multi signatur admin?

twthmoses

Know team runs multisig on wallets with dstra coins used for airdrop - maybe on all wallets, dont know?. This of couse to prevent exit-scams. However What happens if one Or more admins dont wantto be part of the project, and leaves without turning over his code? Can access to funds be Lost this Way?
How many admin with sig are there?

Bodo

DSTRA Admin
Staff member
The DSTRA airdrop funds are a 3 out of 5 multsig wallet. Yes 1 admin left in the past, that means all 3/4 of us must sign.
However when we implent Masternodes (very soon) a new wallet will be released. We plan to add additional staff (more news on that also later) to sign. This means we get back our flexibilty for signing, ideally 3 out of 5.

Nevertheless, exit scams are always covered using this method.

Furthermore you are right, all wallets with funds (donations, airdrop etc) are being used with the multisig option.

twthmoses

Very informative as alwaysMore questians tho! How many admins are required to create new admins with mulitsig? Or Can any given admin create a new at will?
I know sounds like interragation But it is not, just really intreasted How it Works in the background.

Sorry for caps and bad spelling, me and phone writing is not compatible It autocorrect as it pleases

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Very informative as alwaysMore questians tho! How many admins are required to create new admins with mulitsig? Or Can any given admin create a new at will?
I know sounds like interragation But it is not, just really intreasted How it Works in the background.

Sorry for caps and bad spelling, me and phone writing is not compatible It autocorrect as it pleases
It will be made with safety and security in mind (always), if you want more in depth behind the screen information you might consider donating to the project and get the access to investors chat and get to know updates faster;)

twthmoses

It will be made with safety and security in mind (always), if you want more in depth behind the screen information you might consider donating to the project and get the access to investors chat and get to know updates faster;)
I'm sure it's made with safety in mind. No doubt. I'm a curious man, and I ask questions, all the time! I did not think it was privileged information, my question.

nice to know that the airdrop wallets are multi-signed to be accessible only if 3 out of 4or5 signees permit the operation. this way, no individual part of the group can run away with the fund, which if done will render the whole project worthless.

It is much safe wallet is multi-signed, but it also slows the process. We have to compromise one thing for the another. Tell me what is most important safety or speed of transaction?

Meliodas

Staff member
It is much safe wallet is multi-signed, but it also slows the process. We have to compromise one thing for the another. Tell me what is most important safety or speed of transaction?
If possible we want to get those two of course, do tell us, which one do you prefer if you can only choose one between those two?
would you rather got speed with high % of chance losing money, or 100% safety?

If possible we want to get those two of course, do tell us, which one do you prefer if you can only choose one between those two?
It is actually a very good step taken by developers to make Dstra airdrop wallet multisign. The only thing which I still think not right is "four days for calculation" before each next airdrop. I actually want to set up in a way that next airdrop starts from where previous airdrop ends. These 4 days must be made valuable for members to participate.

Last edited:
I would choose 100% safe airdrop, but of course the distribution speed should not be too slow.

Meliodas

Staff member
I would choose 100% safe airdrop, but of course the distribution speed should not be too slow.
It has been explained before that the slow distribution is caused by internet outage in one of our admin's country (Philippines) and the problem has been solved now, AD 7 reward has also been sent. We are back to our trail now.