What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

More social media activity needed

While promoting DSTRA on Facebook and Twitter I have noticed that there are almost no new tweets and facebook posts. I guess that DSTRA team has nobody in chanrge to provide a constant flow of information and hype on social media. Perhaps they could find someone within the community who would be eager to help in that?

I also notice the same. I tried to share some facebook posts, but most of them are old ones. It will be better if team post more stuff on facebook/twitter to show that DSTRA is very active.

twthmoses

Staff member
I hope they find willing and capable persons to do just that, and the time to do it. It is indeed needed. Should be enough around here that are good at such things, with a good English (maybe other languages too), scooping up news, developing process etc, making a few posts a week or something like that.

Raypok

Yup noticed it to, without media attention DSTRA will not be known to the bigger audiance. Hope somebody is up for it?

I hope that would be resolved soon because everyone would know updates and current progress of the coin and community to bring up the hype and boost social media popularity as DSTRA in early stage. More social media activity is a means to attract more crypto enthusiasts to join and invest on the project.

carpets

I was waiting for the post in fb and twitter too, hope the team will update everyday maybe on fb and twitter, that way the community will get excited and many people will join.

Aerolite

Yeah, it may be difficult getting an old-style promotion going on Facebook or Twitter since too many scammy ICOs ruined it. Both those platforms are cracking down on crypto advertisements but I think community participation there should also be really important since they are one of the few ways to get the word out to people who aren't necessarily living with crypto as their day-to-day life. I think something like DSTRA, with its friendly community, could be a good starter crypto introduction for newbies.

Yes I totally agree.

For instance, I guess the tweet for social activity must at least has a minimum characters so when people see it don't see it like spam

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Yes I totally agree.

For instance, I guess the tweet for social activity must at least has a minimum characters so when people see it don't see it like spam
Minimum characters isn't a problem, but the quality of the tweet, I think most of us are not very good in making an interesting tweet, I think the team should get someone who is good at this field and let them make it everyday while members can just RT and liked it. I think it will be more efficient and impactful this way.

Minimum characters isn't a problem, but the quality of the tweet, I think most of us are not very good in making an interesting tweet, I think the team should get someone who is good at this field and let them make it everyday while members can just RT and liked it. I think it will be more efficient and impactful this way.
Couldn't agree more. I think you should this proposal on the proposal forum, it would be nice to implement this

KissmarX

Yeah we need more awareness for DSTRA. More awareness can lead more people to join the community and make DSTRA a great coin like it should be. I hope somebody creative can make good tweets so that we can also retweet them to the thousands of followers we have.

Meliodas

Staff member
Couldn't agree more. I think you should this proposal on the proposal forum, it would be nice to implement this
Yeah we need more awareness for DSTRA. More awareness can lead more people to join the community and make DSTRA a great coin like it should be. I hope somebody creative can make good tweets so that we can also retweet them to the thousands of followers we have.
I'd like to have that person to join the team honestly as for the moment one of our weak point is on marketing

The problem is that often it costs a lot money to get those people with high amounts of Twitter followers to do tweets and stuff - so that can be prohibitive.

Mohon

We can use other social platform like medium,Reddit,Linkedin to promote and spread dstra. By this,There will be more social activity and It will be also good To get dstra more advertised.
its just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
We can use other social platform like medium,Reddit,Linkedin to promote and spread dstra. By this,There will be more social activity and It will be also good To get dstra more advertised.
I agree. There are many ways we can promote DSTRA. We can also have lottery like for retweet, a few people win 100 DSTRA or something.

Meliodas

Staff member
I agree, but we need people who can put out quality contents on those platforms, while Twitter is more informal. A bounty for quality contents on those platforms might be a good idea.
I agree. There are many ways we can promote DSTRA. We can also have lottery like for retweet, a few people win 100 DSTRA or something.
I've told the team about similar ideas like yours, let us see how they will improve on the new ideas presented.

One month exactly has passed since my opening of this thread, and NOT ONE SINGLE POST has been made on DSTRA facebook page since, nor one single tweet has been tweeted. In fact, the last tweet has been done on May 20th. This is a symprom of nobody of the team caring about the basics of promotion.

KissmarX

I agree. We need more social media awareness if we want DSTRA to be a successful coin. The most who will benefit will be us. So we need to share DSTRA to others. I hope Dev Team will lead us because the community will be willing to follow. We all need motivation. We should motivate each other. Let's get DSTRA awareness in social media please. Thank you.

Meliodas

Staff member
I agree. We need more social media awareness if we want DSTRA to be a successful coin. The most who will benefit will be us. So we need to share DSTRA to others. I hope Dev Team will lead us because the community will be willing to follow. We all need motivation. We should motivate each other. Let's get DSTRA awareness in social media please. Thank you.
One month exactly has passed since my opening of this thread, and NOT ONE SINGLE POST has been made on DSTRA facebook page since, nor one single tweet has been tweeted. In fact, the last tweet has been done on May 20th. This is a symprom of nobody of the team caring about the basics of promotion.
It's kinda hard since we don't have so many staff members at the moment, instead of just complaining, maybe we can start by looking for member/s that have talent in this aspect and use his/her creation to promote DSTRA?

Retrogrde7

I feel as though we need to add other tags on twitter also still mentioning DSTRA tags, other tags mentioning and targeting other crypto groups, the ones that have a much larger following, ie. @cryptocurrencynews #FutureofPrivacy