What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Mobile wallet creation

I guess most crypto project now includes mobile wallet app and it is usually on near-end phase of the roadmap of most project. Lets wait for the roadmap and whitepaper to be released and all our questions will be answered. :)

irenjosh

I didn't think about adding it on the roadmap but yeah it'll be great mobile wallet released after the end of the AD.
Yea, releasing Dstra mobile wallet during end of airdrops could be a great development to improving its value on the market, helping to balance dumping that time.

Yea, releasing Dstra mobile wallet during end of airdrops could be a great development to improving its value on the market, helping to balance dumping that time.
Mobile wallet isn't such a major feature that will prevent market dumping but it'll be a nice added bonus for dstra

irenjosh

Very good point! would like to give you a like for that comment, cause it is soo true and correct, but i can't :(
Lol. Its all good brother(y). Thanks (Son of Pharaoh :p)

Mobile wallet isn't such a major feature that will prevent market dumping but it'll be a nice added bonus for dstra
IMO dumping is not evident when there's good buys on the market. Those buy orders coming from some new investors (who are attracted by the mobile wallet feature) can help to create a balance on the market. More good buy orders the coin is balanced for dumping.

The spread of mobile is tremendous momentum.
Every age group from students to the elderly has mobile. On the other hand, the spread of computers has not increased. There are an increasing number of people who have mobile but do not have computers. By all means mobile wallet is necessary.
I am expecting to create a mobile DSTRAwallet.

That's really really important!
every new Crypto Currency is Bringing that up!
DSTRA bringing it will sure gain lots of attraction from regular people and also crypto whales.

the only problem with staking on a phone is that your phone would more than likely have to download the ENTIRE blockchain, as time goes by these blockchains of crypto-currencies become huge to say the least.
A lot of android wallets only have a small portion of the blockchain on them.

android wallets are a developers proof to the world that they are more than capable than just hitting Ctrl C and Ctrl V with the code from another crypto currency

I think it's easier to add an android wallet than an apple iphone wallet because of the legalities for memory.

irenjosh

That's really really important!
every new Crypto Currency is Bringing that up!
DSTRA bringing it will sure gain lots of attraction from regular people and also crypto whales.
Good point. With these features, people can easily join dstra especially those without a PC. They could also stake too without a PC using the discord staking bot. This feature will be sure attractive to lots of people

Raypok

I agree, a mobile wallet would be a good development but not the top priority imo. Hoping to hear more about the exact features of DSTRA soon

chipr

A mobile wallet may not be the first priority at this time but definitely ought to be in the development pipeline.

I believe we should take the opportunity to have a more cutting edge wallet developed for DSTRA, that DOES provide for staking using the web wallet, rather than a rework of the Bitcoin (open source) based wallets out there.

There have been POS coins which allow for staking in mobile wallets and with good research perhaps we can have one as well (i.e. Neo, Pivx, Statis, some older ones but I'm getting conflicting information on what is now available so don't quote me on which coins).

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
A mobile wallet may not be the first priority at this time but definitely ought to be in the development pipeline.

I believe we should take the opportunity to have a more cutting edge wallet developed for DSTRA, that DOES provide for staking using the web wallet, rather than a rework of the Bitcoin (open source) based wallets out there.

There have been POS coins which allow for staking in mobile wallets and with good research perhaps we can have one as well (i.e. Neo, Pivx, Statis, some older ones but I'm getting conflicting information on what is now available so don't quote me on which coins).
One pretty new POS coin that have mobile staking wallet is iDEALCash (DEAL), I think the team can also look into that project's mobile wallet too.

rafe

I also think that mobile wallets need to be accelerated. After all, people using mobile are more and more convenient now.

insculpt

We should not be too ambitious. We are still in our infancy and still trying to cope with the basic things. There will be plenty of time in the future to implement mobile wallets.

It would be good especially for the one that can't afford to buy a laptop or pc like me and only using an android phone.
But I don't think if we can stake using a phone.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
It would be good especially for the one that can't afford to buy a laptop or pc like me and only using an android phone.
But I don't think if we can stake using a phone.
It is possible, there are some projects that have this features already, not so sure how do they manage to do it though

i hope to see dstra mobile wallet coming soon. this would be a great feature since we don't have to access our pc to check balance or transfer coins.

by the way, there's a mobile wallet called sato wallet, it can store several coins. we can have an option to make dstra coins be listed there. i know staking our coins in sato wallet is possible. just note that it's not advisable to deposit large amount of coins to this mobile wallet since we don't fully control the wallet because we don't have the private key to each address on the wallet.