What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Masternode staking vs normal staking - what is more convenient?

Once you have enough coins to setup a masternode, you have to decide if it is convenient to lock your coins in a masternode for staking or if it is more convenient for you to continue to stake the ordinary way. I understand that there is not much difference between the two forms of rewatds, and that masternode rewards would change in time as the MN number increases. Anyone having made any calculations on that?

twthmoses

There is1440 blocks a day, each worth 2.5 dstra, making for 3600 dstra produced eachday. Master node currently takes 10% of this, - in about a week this will rise to 15%, making for 360 dstra (soon 540).There is currently 13 masternode online., so each get roughly 27,5 dstra a day (soon 41,5).

A stake is 2,25 dstra, soon to be 2,15 dstra. So currently 30k dstra staking will have to make 13 stakes a day to compete with a MN. Soon this will rise to 20 stakes a day to compete with a MN.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
I guess now is the right time to go for Masternode creation, than just keep staking it.
right, now we are at the new phase, MN rewards are increasing, but for people with not many coins staking their coins in the discord staking pool can be still considered profitable imo.

Meliodas

Staff member
Any feedback on the fact that this tendency has eventually reversed? Still more convenient to do ordinary stake?
From what other members have been telling me, the trend started to reverse, right now it is probably more profitable to run MN instead of staking

3600 dst are being produced each day. for october 2018, masternode will get 20% or 720 dst. there are 28 masternodes now. 720 dst divided by 28 masternodes will give us 25.7 dst per masternode per day.

anybody who are staking around 30k dst? it would be informative to know how much stakes that 30k wallet are receiving per day.

twthmoses

3600 dst are being produced each day. for october 2018, masternode will get 20% or 720 dst. there are 28 masternodes now. 720 dst divided by 28 masternodes will give us 25.7 dst per masternode per day.

anybody who are staking around 30k dst? it would be informative to know how much stakes that 30k wallet are receiving per day.
Looking at the dstra explorer i can see that around 30K dstra stakes 15-20 times a day. Every now and then up to 25. Of course staking is highly linked to how many has there wallet running (Network weight)

Meliodas

Staff member
at the moment staking is more profitable, so some of you please turn your mn off so i can get more for mine :)
Staking and MN reward is different, just because someone turned off their MN it doesn't mean your staked coins can get more. When someone turned off his MN, it only affects other MN owners, and the same way with the PoS coins

normal staking share dropped from 2.125 to 2 yesterday, but still have edge vs masternode staking. but the gap is getting more closer.

also, masternode have airdrop bonus. if we consider this, maybe masternode have advantage over normal staking.

pshemek

normal staking is a little more profitable but as hardinero say there are a bonus for mn which make up for the gab between staking and running mn.

Klax

how much is the MN bonus?
because staking is a lot more profitable than MN
MN give (1440 x 0.5)/28= 26 coins daily
And how much do you get by staking 30.000 DSTRA daily taking into cnsideration that the reward is 1.99 ? I assume around 20 DSTRA / 24 hours, right ?