What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Marketing ideas

sorin90

Staff member
Understand but a lot of threads are just to grab attention of the team in hopes that they will look at community feedback and ideas. As we discussed you know the situation.
YEs hank I know. hopefully we can do something with all the feed back from here

It seems that lots of non-tech people are not involved in crypto. It would be nice to reach those part of internet users. For example, we can try deploy our presence on Pinterest. And try to popularize message about crypto and DSTRA in paticular. But obviously we should develop plan of marketing communication where DSTRA is explained like 'i am five year old.'

Hawkey42

It seems that lots of non-tech people are not involved in crypto. It would be nice to reach those part of internet users. For example, we can try deploy our presence on Pinterest. And try to popularize message about crypto and DSTRA in paticular. But obviously we should develop plan of marketing communication where DSTRA is explained like 'i am five year old.'
Agree on this. Most folks don't really have an idea how cryptos work so it is important to create an article that can be understood by a "five year old" and enticing enough for them to spend and buy into the concept.

javerzky

we should create a team for marketing , the team mission it's to target many place as possible and let's crypto world knew about this project.

For example:

contacting crypto celebrities on twitter , youtube , and attracting theirs attention to dstra
it is a good suggestion but in the other hand, we are new project and we need more updates and fixed issues, maybe its a good thing if we encourage some crypto celebrities but, i hope it will work

For facebook here is a list of airdrop/bounty groups, most of which with over 1,000 members, but most importantly they are all "share instantly" groups rather than "require admin approval". This is not designed as spam, but for using as future promo/bounty. For example with altcoinstalks I regularly share ATT posts with all these groups, within about 30 minutes (as well as link proofs) so is very convenient. First step is to join all the groups however, this can take some days or even weeks, but then it's reach is to around 100k+ group members combined. Hope it's useful!

insculpt

I think that giveaways are the real deal! we have that section in discord already, also we need more actions in the social media!
Let's start dominating, the same thing that Deeponion did!

We should be careful with the "dominating" part. We don't want to be labelled as spammers.

Who has done good marketing ideas? Post them up. Ideas are good but also please add in how you think your idea should be implemented.
I have some ideas in mind. But first of all, the question is: what do you/we want to achieve with marketing campaigns? Make dstra more public? Make it better rank in Google for specific keywords? Make people wanna buy Dstra? Make people swap their other cryptocurrencies into Dstra? ...

we should create a team for marketing , the team mission it's to target many place as possible and let's crypto world knew about this project.

For example:

contacting crypto celebrities on twitter , youtube , and attracting theirs attention to dstra
That sounds interesting. Influencer marketing. Crypto celebreties? Do you know any?

Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas on how and what we can do for actions or ideas on how to implement these things that DO maybe did good?
Well, only promoting over givaways lures people who are just interested in the quick coin, but maybe not those who are really interested in being part of the community.

Like stated above, there is another topic that discusses this. I realize reading all posts is not going to be reality, but as a helper you need to be extra attentive to this.

Here is the actual post to this topic: Which rules for the airdrop? A proposal for rewarding holders. https://forum.dstra.io/threads/which-rules-for-the-airdrop-a-proposal-for-rewarding-holders.97/page-2#post-4488

Please keep up the ideas of new marketing ideas and how to actually implement these. Feedback is always good, but without how to go about how to implement those ideas, it is hard to use them. So keep them coming and hopefully we will see some of the team use these ideas for the future.
We need videos, we need articles, we need social media exposure and forum exposure. But we need to do then a little less offensive and violante that other coins did.
Yes, I think so, too. Articles and blog posts on relevant sites, linking back to dstra

takaf007

I think that the Faucets on Crex 24 will be an opportunity for many people to get interested in dst.

Operation needs to prepare DST for Faucets.
You can buy DST with a small amount of Faucets and lead to a deal, but Faucets on Crex 24 may be a problem with too many types.

I think it could be a good time for a Bitcointalk signature campaign, but only a low requirement campaign, which requires only 1 post a week, just as Semux did last fall.
The rational here is that this is a period when many people have cooled down on signatures campaigns since earnings are low in FIAT money terms, so people would not make much effort (like 10+ posts a week) but all the same they'd like to earn with their signature with a really minimal effort. Semux was requiring just one post a week last autumn and rapidly its signature ended up being all over Bitcointalk, a great success. In the end 1 post a week doesn't give much visibility in itself, but if this allows you to multiply by 100 times the quantity of people who take part to the campaign, then your global exposure becomes 10X versus a campaign which requires 10 posts a week.

Raypok

Good idea to try it out, nothing to lose, if we can attract some new members that stick around that would be great. We need to expand the community