What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Marketing ideas

FaucetKING

Staff member
I think that giveaways are the real deal! we have that section in discord already, also we need more actions in the social media!
Let's start dominating, the same thing that Deeponion did!

Hank

I think that giveaways are the real deal! we have that section in discord already, also we need more actions in the social media!
Let's start dominating, the same thing that Deeponion did!

Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas on how and what we can do for actions or ideas on how to implement these things that DO maybe did good?

FaucetKING

Staff member
Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas on how and what we can do for actions or ideas on how to implement these things that DO maybe did good?
Well, i don't remember much but they did a some kind of giveaway, they give you coins instead of a task, they ask for a listing by votes, the members vote on the exchangers and they gets an amount of Onions!
that was an example, the tasks are great and they did well, it's all about spreading the word and reaching more and more peoples!

Hank

Well, i don't remember much but they did a some kind of giveaway, they give you coins instead of a task, they ask for a listing by votes, the members vote on the exchangers and they gets an amount of Onions!
that was an example, the tasks are great and they did well, it's all about spreading the word and reaching more and more peoples!

Ah I see and again thank you. Agree 100% that reaching more people and creating buzz is key. How we do that will be what we have to do to succeed. Hopefully more people will pop in and give ideas and ways to implement the ideas.

switch

we should create a team for marketing , the team mission it's to target many place as possible and let's crypto world knew about this project.

For example:

contacting crypto celebrities on twitter , youtube , and attracting theirs attention to dstra

We can ask more people to do social media task like twitter/facebook/telegram/reddit/linkedin/discord. Also bitcointalk is very important. We can have DSTRA signature out then the people wear signature can get certain amount of DSTRA every week as reward.

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
I think making aiming some of our marketing at complete newbies to crypto would be a good call, stuff like a beginners guide to crypto where explanations are provided about specific terms used, the blockchain and how things generally work. It could be a weekly article or video about this.

The idea would be that it covers crypto as a whole but then links in to DSTRA at the end for the reader/viewer to learn more and direct them here to the forum.

The more new people we attract to DSTRA and to crypto the better.

irenjosh

I think we must balance between the things required to do to get airdrops and to get bounties reward. Signature's can be included in airdrops but articles and tutorials (steemit/medium) and YouTube videos should be open for all to involve in through bounty.
Finally and very importantly, we must dominate twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms) using the gleam platform REGULARLY. Hashtags is a must on these media e.g #bitcoin #cryptocurrencies #airdrop #DSTRA #altcoin etc

takaf007

As one of the things that many people are interested in, I think that it is necessary to spread the information in each language as well.
Invitations from strong information sender, including article bounty, will need to continue in the future.

Furthermore, to increase the number of supporters with better expectation and donation, focus on conveying the concept and specific attractiveness of DSTRA.

I am thinking about whether I can not convey SNS and articles as a strong impression with a meaningful figure such as an illustration of a concept. If possible, think that it is better if it is of universal design that does not require words.

what about some freebies? There are tons of ppl around the world hunting for free stuff. There are deal sites like slickdeals.net. They have also Freebies forum. For example, we can make giveaway of some pens with DSTRA logo for some specific steps needed to be done by user, like register on our forum etc.

Hank

I think we must balance between the things required to do to get airdrops and to get bounties reward. Signature's can be included in airdrops but articles and tutorials (steemit/medium) and YouTube videos should be open for all to involve in through bounty.
Finally and very importantly, we must dominate twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms) using the gleam platform REGULARLY. Hashtags is a must on these media e.g #bitcoin #cryptocurrencies #airdrop #DSTRA #altcoin etc
Great idea but wondering how with twitter and Facebook banning advertising of crypto if those sort of hashtags will be ok or not.

irenjosh

Great idea but wondering how with twitter and Facebook banning advertising of crypto if those sort of hashtags will be ok or not.
I still see sponsored posts on Facebook about cryptocurrencies and numerous posts on twitter with Hashtags. Even my post about dstra with different Hashtags about 6days ago is still intact. I suspect the news about the bans is a fake news.

Mondillo

Queen of DSTRA
Staff member
Something like anti dumping system.
Many hodlers of the coin we dont mention want just sell as soon as exchanges are open.

I think it would be good to get like a reward for hodlingncoins 3months/6months/1year etc.

Would make people hold stronger.

irenjosh

Many hodlers of the coin we dont mention want just sell as soon as exchanges are open.

I think it would be good to get like a reward for hodlingncoins 3months/6months/1year etc.

Great idea. Also it would be good to support such with a locking period. Coins may be locked until certain periods if possible. And let me just suggest this here, at some stage in these airdrops, getting new members to have minimum DST balance to join in on the airdrops should also be considered.

switch

great and unique idea , it's like spare funds on bank with return interest
i knew a coin that have applied this with success

w2code

great and unique idea , it's like spare funds on bank with return interest
i knew a coin that have applied this with success
It was pointed out in another topic that it might not be so simple to actually track...

However, I agree that's a very good idea since the goal should be to prevent people to just dump the free money!

Mondillo

Queen of DSTRA
Staff member
It was pointed out in another topic that it might not be so simple to actually track...

However, I agree that's a very good idea since the goal should be to prevent people to just dump the free money!
i think its not so hard to track.
we can say all people that want have the rewards after like 5-6months can send the wallet. and then you can check in explorer easy if he really hold or not.
and i think people would find that idea attractiv.

Hank

Like stated above, there is another topic that discusses this. I realize reading all posts is not going to be reality, but as a helper you need to be extra attentive to this.

Here is the actual post to this topic: Which rules for the airdrop? A proposal for rewarding holders. https://forum.dstra.io/threads/which-rules-for-the-airdrop-a-proposal-for-rewarding-holders.97/page-2#post-4488

Please keep up the ideas of new marketing ideas and how to actually implement these. Feedback is always good, but without how to go about how to implement those ideas, it is hard to use them. So keep them coming and hopefully we will see some of the team use these ideas for the future.

sorin90

Staff member
We need videos, we need articles, we need social media exposure and forum exposure. But we need to do then a little less offensive and violante that other coins did.

irenjosh

We need videos, we need articles, we need social media exposure and forum exposure. But we need to do then a little less offensive and violante that other coins did.
The problem I have here is that not everyone can join in article writing and some other because of number of followers. I would really love to write some articles (like I did in DO) but I have less followers.

Hank

The problem I have here is that not everyone can join in article writing and some other because of number of followers. I would really love to write some articles (like I did in DO) but I have less followers.
But it has to start somewhere and if good articles are written then the followers will come I would think. Just not having followers not to write articles seems odd to me.

sorin90

Staff member
Maybe we can do a small article bounty for members with no followers. if you do a good article you sell it to us to post it for you. @Hank @xTrisx what do you say?

irenjosh

But it has to start somewhere and if good articles are written then the followers will come I would think. Just not having followers not to write articles seems odd to me.
Don't get me wrong please. If am not mistaking, I saw somewhere sometime ago the requirements to join in the article bounties & the number of followers you must have. That's why I said that, since my account is still new and I don't even have up to 20 followers on my steemit account, I do not meet the requirement but would love to write about dstra on steemit. So reducing the requirement will enable everyone interested to join the article writing and other bounties.

Sounds like a good idea and for the team to deicide. I am not part of the team so tagging me will do no good =)
Strange! I thought you were an admin, or did you recently left the team? You name is similar to one of the admin.
Maybe we can do a small article bounty for members with no followers. if you do a good article you sell it to us to post it for you. @Hank @xTrisx what do you say?
Thanks, this is what we need; an avenue for everyone to be able to participate if interested

Hank

Don't get me wrong please. If am not mistaking, I saw somewhere sometime ago the requirements to join in the article bounties & the number of followers you must have. That's why I said that, since my account is still new and I don't even have up to 20 followers on my steemit account, I do not meet the requirement but would love to write about dstra on steemit. So reducing the requirement will enable everyone interested to join the article writing and other bounties.
No worries and you are probably right on the requirements and I didn’t know there were such requirements. If that is the case you should maybe request or lobby to have the requirement changed as I believe your idea can only help and not hurt the project at all. If you know where that requirement was, please PM me as I would like to read up and understand if too. Thanks.

Strange! I thought you were an admin, or did you recently left the team? You name is similar to one of the admin.
Thanks, this is what we need; an avenue for everyone to be able to participate if interested
I left the team a while back to be more relaxed and enjoy my family and real life work. I do still keep in contact with a number of the core team members though. Also my user title is not staff member =). You might be confusing me with Hans.

irenjosh

I left the team a while back to be more relaxed and enjoy my family and real life work. I do still keep in contact with a number of the core team members though. Also my user title is not staff member =). You might be confusing me with Hans.
OK understood. I know Hans is also an admin too. Well, goodluck and hope we all succeed in dstra.

No worries and you are probably right on the requirements and I didn’t know there were such requirements. If that is the case you should maybe request or lobby to have the requirement changed as I believe your idea can only help and not hurt the project at all. If you know where that requirement was, please PM me as I would like to read up and understand if too. Thanks.
Will look for the link here and send it to you.

sorin90

Staff member
Sounds like a good idea and for the team to deicide. I am not part of the team so tagging me will do no good =)
I know but you did started the thread. That was the reason behind the tag.

That might be useful but we still need a response from @xTrisx or @AndHar83

Hank

I know but you did started the thread. That was the reason behind the tag.
Understand but a lot of threads are just to grab attention of the team in hopes that they will look at community feedback and ideas. As we discussed you know the situation.