What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

how to split/combine block

mako jr

first you need to choose the setting choosing option
after that choosing display and tick the display coin control features
and then going back to send coin click the Inputs it will show few block like this
tick what ever you want to split or comnine block and click ok to going back send
and tick the custom change address put you address you send to prevent it auto send to other custom send address
after clicking send the block is combine or split
thats all

Hank

Great write up. I highly suggest you split your coins for better staking. I have mine in 1k splits at first and auto split to 500 but staking quite a bit.

arkvin

Great write up. I highly suggest you split your coins for better staking. I have mine in 1k splits at first and auto split to 500 but staking quite a bit.
but, I think it's not recommend for people who have balance below 1k, right?? It will take a long time
I always combine my block after stake. And only got daily staking

It is debated what is the best block size - we don't know that for sure. Play around with it, be curious but don't go killing off stakes that have high weight just to combine them - the higher the weight, the higher the change for a stake

Hank

but, I think it's not recommend for people who have balance below 1k, right?? It will take a long time
I always combine my block after stake. And only got daily staking
Yes, of course it depends on how many coins you have. I have around 70 splits so.

AgungP

YEah the more coins you have the higher chance to stake - it's just like interest really.
all will have same reward since DSTRA use statis POS reward, but more coins get more often depends on how many he split his coins. 200K coins without apply coin control not always get more coins than 100k coins split into few block coins since doesn't matter how big your weight you still got static reward and need mature again on 510 blocks. How many efficient coins per block? It will follow network weight as by the time network weight gradually increase and you may need to adjust split block coins to get optimum reward.

Maveryck

Around 200?
I know for sure that someone on discord said that after splitting his 400 coins in two he collects more rewards than before splitting. So minimum 200 per split.
I don't know if it's the the optimal one, but if you have can split them in block of 500, it should be fine.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Anyone knows here what will be the suggestive minimum amount of coins per split to get decent stakes in a day?
Hard to say actually, when people get their AD 1 coins, more coins will be on the system, so current conditions cannot be used for future reference. Basically if you want faster stake you get bigger amount per stack, and if you want more stakes per day then you need to focus on more stack numbers (because everytime the stack get the block, it needs to go though some mature time before it can start to stake again). More coins are better for staking as FreeHamster said

Klax

also do not forget a fee applies when doing splits/combinations and it is 0.0001 DSTRA. Also substract the fee from the total number of coins in order not to slplit and have small chunks of coin

FaucetKING

Staff member
Nice tutorial my mate, i already know this feature and i think it's helpful in staking, when the staked coins are in different blocks, it's more convinient to get more stakes, am i right?

Around 200?
I know for sure that someone on discord said that after splitting his 400 coins in two he collects more rewards than before splitting. So minimum 200 per split.
I don't know if it's the the optimal one, but if you have can split them in block of 500, it should be fine.
with the current weight, 200 will let you weight for longgggg time. Try to keep the block above 1k and you will hit the reward more frequent.
I was stuck in block 600s for long times so I know.

Thank you for the tutorial, it is very informative. I currently stake with 500 coins per block, not sure if I should combine parts of them to form 1000 coins or above per block.....coz it takes a long time to receive a stake in these days...