What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Hiring local moderators

FaucetKING

Staff member
Hello everyone
I can't imagine these spammers here, one word replies, non sens threads and alot of replies without a meaning just for the sake of stakes.
What do you think about hiring more mods here to take care of the forums, maybe local mods are needed too.
Share your thoughts.

teazy

Yeah, i hate this ... Just here to get stake ...
And i've also seen people who use google translator (or other, it's just an exemple), to have more messages ...
We need more moderators to control that, for exemple, a moderator who watch if a person has posted in different local posts ..
Don't u think it's a good idea ?

Bodo

DSTRA Admin
Staff member
Hello everyone
I can't imagine these spammers here, one word replies, non sens threads and alot of replies without a meaning just for the sake of stakes.
What do you think about hiring more mods here to take care of the forums, maybe local mods are needed too.
Share your thoughts.
And i've also seen people who use google translator (or other, it's just an exemple), to have more messages ...
We need more moderators to control that, for exemple, a moderator who watch if a person has posted in different local posts ..
We are fighting spammers and we have a zero tolerancy policy.
You can always report individuals that are breaking our forum rules.

Also I would like to add that we have different moderators (often our helpers/mods on Discord) on the local boards.

If you however come across rule violation, please make sure to report it via the report function =)

Bodo

DSTRA Admin
Staff member
Do we have definition of spam? What should we report?
Forum rules

"Spam or flood boards. That means don’t post disruptive numbers of messages and images, including posting the same message in multiple forums or sending the same PM multiple times. Posting multiple lines of the same text two or more times and/or not contributing to the topic."

Paff

yeah someone was spamming nonsense in the German board, so if you need someone to take care of the German section, I would offer my service.

FaucetKING

Staff member
Yes, indeed!
I can see some burst posting for the stakes in the local sections too, but reporting is my mission and yours too

Yes sir, that would be a good idea... Just like BCT, they also implement local mods to properly monitor each forum channel to restricts spammers. But i guess everyone here can readily hit report button in every post to inform admins if spam or any violation is happening.

Mohon

Completely agree with you.Some people just create nonsense thread, some do spams in local forums,Some just keep replying with one liner post in every thread.To Make the community better and spam free Local moderators should be hired.

teazy

Completely agree with you.Some people just create nonsense thread, some do spams in local forums,Some just keep replying with one liner post in every thread.To Make the community better and spam free Local moderators should be hired.
How could you say that people are spamming in the local thread ? If you don't speak this language, how is possible to say that ?

Mohon

How could you say that people are spamming in the local thread ? If you don't speak this language, how is possible to say that ?
That was not for all but for some spamers.And google translate works well also.you can search every local forum and see yourself if there are or not.And please don't get me wrong and don't drag this.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
For all members please read the forum rules and read all announcements before you begin to start mindlessly posting "just because" every posts is counted for AD calculations.

Last edited:
Yes, I also think that hiring more mods can greatly reduce the number of spam posts here, but we need to have a clear guidelines for them to execute the rule to avoid disputes.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
Yes, I also think that hiring more mods can greatly reduce the number of spam posts here, but we need to have a clear guidelines for them to execute the rule to avoid disputes.
With the huge increase in numbers of members I don't think hiring more mods is the ultimate way to solve this problem. We also need the help from members as well to be on lookout for spam posts.

itsmemv

With the current airdrop system there will always be ton of spam, it doesnt matter if we get more mods because it wont solve anything

I think there should be some local MODS under a Global Mods!
local mods will submit weekly reports and Proposals to Global Mods.
Mod will determine the Decision or pass it to Team!
that way whole world could be involved in promoting this Amazing Project.

Bodo

DSTRA Admin
Staff member
With the huge increase in numbers of members I don't think hiring more mods is the ultimate way to solve this problem. We also need the help from members as well to be on lookout for spam posts.
I think there should be some local MODS under a Global Mods!
local mods will submit weekly reports and Proposals to Global Mods.
Mod will determine the Decision or pass it to Team!
that way whole world could be involved in promoting this Amazing Project.

I would like to clarify a few things:

We got global mods on the forum
We got local mods (for the local boards in their own national language)
We do encourage members if they come accross rule violations, to use the report function.

I would like to clarify a few things:

We got global mods on the forum
We got local mods (for the local boards in their own national language)
We do encourage members if they come accross rule violations, to use the report function.
sorry i wasn't aware of that.
is it under considaretion about creating a local board for Bengali language?

panget

i agree with assigning local moderators who would watch over the discord local channel and help promote dstra project on local social media. for example, china do not have twitter and facebook. the chinese moderator can do some promotion on weibo/wechat platforms which are very active in china.

Choosing local mods must have a requisite of knowing english as this is needed for proper communication with admins. Furthermore, local mods will act as interpreter/relay of announcements/news from admins to local members.

I agree that hiring local moderators will quickly boosts discord activity and community awareness. this will bring dstra to more people. I think dstra project is simple to understand that most people can learn quickly to adapt to crypto world.