What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

DSTRA Staking rewards - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
Here are the staking results from Week 6.

In total this week I got 73 stakes so 9 stakes up on last week, however, five were orphans so that was also up on last week’s figure of 3. My connection wasn’t great on the 12th of May 2018 though and three of these orphans were received then.

Week 6 1.png

All stakes this week were for 5 DSTRA giving me a weekly total of 340 DSTRA. I started the week with 17496, got 340 from staking and 500 from elsewhere so finish on 18,336.

9.5.18 Day 36 - 9 stakes received
10.5.18 Day 37 - 12 stakes received
11.5.18 Day 38 - 8 stakes received
12.5.18 Day 39 - 10 Stakes received
13.5.18 Day 40 – 8 stakes received
14.5.18 Day 41 - 11 stakes received
15.5.18 Day 42 - 10 stakes received

Total – 68 stakes received– 340 DSTRA

Week 6 2.png

My blocks have stayed relatively the same in size as they were at the end of last week. There looks to just be a couple of very unlucky blocks with 11k confirmations and one with 25k! The average confirmation number is 3551, well down on last week’s average of 4658 per block.

Week 6 5.png
Week 6 4.png
Week 6 3.png

In total my wallet returned a rate of 1.94% this week. This is less than the 2.44% I received last week, but with the reduction to 5 DSTRA per block this makes sense.

Week 6 6.png

I will do another thread next week detailing how this has changed. Please feel free to add your own experiences below.

Previous weeks

Week 1 - https://forum.dstra.io/threads/dstra-staking-rewards-week-1.200/

Week 2 - https://forum.dstra.io/threads/dstra-staking-rewards-week-2.350/

Week 3 - https://forum.dstra.io/threads/dstra-staking-rewards-week-3.484/

Week 4 - https://forum.dstra.io/threads/dstra-staking-rewards-week-4.630/

Week 5 - DSTRA Staking rewards - Week 5 https://forum.dstra.io/threads/dstra-staking-rewards-week-5.663/

skateboard

Number of stakes you have been receiving are quite stable. Would be interesting to see your reward changes if any, when Airdrop 2/3 will be distributed.

So the ROI is around 2%/week, meaning around 8%/month coin based. That's basically better than putting money into bank (7% interest/year).
You do the coin control every beginning of the week?

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
So the ROI is around 2%/week, meaning around 8%/month coin based. That's basically better than putting money into bank (7% interest/year).
You do the coin control every beginning of the week?
No i did coin control once on the first week, since then I've left it as it is. It seems to self manage at the moment. I could probably get another 0.2% reward by working out the best block size but this is supposed to be an example of how staking works in the real world (and I am lazy).

The ROI will drop as we get further into the project and the block rewards drop to 2.5 DSTRA from the 5 they are at now.

Yeah the ROI is going to drop off much smaller into the future... this was purposely built into the coin right? To reduce inflation.... Just hopefully the use case for the coin will be compatible with the slow increase in coin.

No i did coin control once on the first week, since then I've left it as it is. It seems to self manage at the moment. I could probably get another 0.2% reward by working out the best block size but this is supposed to be an example of how staking works in the real world (and I am lazy).

The ROI will drop as we get further into the project and the block rewards drop to 2.5 DSTRA from the 5 they are at now.
Oh, that's good info. I did the block combining sometime but I feel lazy, too. So from now on I will just let it as it is.

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
Thanks for the information! Actually, your ROI is not bad considered that the network weight has increased a lot.
It has but due to the coins i have got from staking my total has increased. I t hasn't kept up with network rate but still I am more than happy with the ROI.

Nice graphs. DSTRA is now my 2nd POS/Staking coin. Just received my 1st AD & it's now maturing. curious with which weight it will give stakes :)

Keep posting your progress.

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
I think my staking is moving slow. What might be the possible reason?
There could be many reasons, need more information to help, how many coins, what size blocks, how many stakes you getting a week, how long is your wallet open, what's your internet connection like?

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
Do you guys think its enough if i leave my wallet open for like 4-7 hours a day ? will i hit some stakes in that time ?
It will all depend on how many coins you have. My blocks are on average about 600 and stake twice a week on average, but that's staking 24/7. If you were staking for a quarter of the day every day a block of 600 would stake once every two weeks on average.

itsmemv

It will all depend on how many coins you have. My blocks are on average about 600 and stake twice a week on average, but that's staking 24/7. If you were staking for a quarter of the day every day a block of 600 would stake once every two weeks on average.
with around 1200 coins right now + more after every airdrop, i guess i cant expect much now but later on it will be worth it i guess

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
Yes now you would probably get one stake a week, but don't think about that now, think about long term. What the price could be in a year or two.

itsmemv

Yes now you would probably get one stake a week, but don't think about that now, think about long term. What the price could be in a year or two.
Yes of course, im kinda sad that i cant be here for all the airdrops but overall im happy that i will be here for the most, looking forward to the future of this coin, i think it has potential it just needs a lot of work

Offthecuff

Just buzzing about
Staff member
Yes of course, im kinda sad that i cant be here for all the airdrops but overall im happy that i will be here for the most, looking forward to the future of this coin, i think it has potential it just needs a lot of work
Anything worth doing takes work. There's a good team here who will put the effort in to make things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.