• Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

DSTRA Faucet!

PzYcO

As pointed out by couple people, it might also just be used by people to test if the wallet is correctly setup and working.

And maybe the idea to couple it with another task to promote the coin might still be interesting.

However, the problem might be more filling the faucet actually!

Filling a faucet isnt that hard... especially with a high"ish" supply coin like DSRTRA.

A faucet isnt meant to be a bank, its just meant to give .***X of a coin for free every couple hours. The site gets repaid in captcha and advertising to cover costs mostly.

FaucetKING

Staff member
Filling a faucet isnt that hard... especially with a high"ish" supply coin like DSRTRA.

A faucet isnt meant to be a bank, its just meant to give .***X of a coin for free every couple hours. The site gets repaid in captcha and advertising to cover costs mostly.
True, the supply is like 40M and the devs have already some % for bounty's and rewards for community members!
Filling the wallet is indirectly a marketing plan and it's a working one, Faucet lovers are always out there, hunting like me!

sorin90

Staff member
A faucet could be a really good thing. But a faucet as most of us are used to not a rain bot.

hardinero007

hi, making a dstra faucet will be good. just a small amount of dstra per giveaway is recommended to avoid abuse. faucet is good for wallet/network testing purposes.

PzYcO

True, the supply is like 40M and the devs have already some % for bounty's and rewards for community members!
Filling the wallet is indirectly a marketing plan and it's a working one, Faucet lovers are always out there, hunting like me!

Of course there's always going to be faucet lovers... who doesnt like bits and pieces of coins for free :D

I prefer to look for PoS coins or bounties or airdrops of some sort... faucets to me seem to be more time than they are worth usually unfortunately...

Although they can be a very good thing for the community.

If the devs are willing to fund an active faucet that pays ".XXY" DSTRA per every 2 hours or so that would be a great thing for everybody.

Of course there's always going to be faucet lovers... who doesnt like bits and pieces of coins for free :D

I prefer to look for PoS coins or bounties or airdrops of some sort... faucets to me seem to be more time than they are worth usually unfortunately...

If the devs are willing to fund an active faucet that pays ".XXY" DSTRA per every 2 hours or so that would be a great thing for everybody.
i think faucets serve a good purpose of use for coins as well especially in early stages

FaucetKING

Staff member

Yes, sure that we might have a faucet here oneday, its kinda easy to setup a faucet buy, we need a HQ one!

skateboard

em. do we need threads like that where people just talk around same item over and over again repeating same stuff just for the sake of points?

kamalsharma101

Don't you know Raiblocks (now Nano) had distributed most of their coins through the faucets only? Their distribution of coins through faucets lasted around 2 years; so faucets can do wonders for the project. I would definitely like Dstra faucet.

carpets

All i want is the discord bot for the 'rain drops' the hottest faucet as of now, dstra community will definitely grow fast.

wndd

I think the faucet by BOT of DISCORD is a good idea.
Also, I think that a faucet that makes Twitter post a condition is also good.

FaucetKING

Staff member
Glad to see so much support in the suggestion i posted! thanks everyone!
the more transactions on a network, the better. It is good for a young chain!
Thats my point, even, peoples will come and download the wallet just to grab these pretty coins

ponyongie

I think the faucet by BOT of DISCORD is a good idea.
Also, I think that a faucet that makes Twitter post a condition is also good.
it's like the one offering by Deviant coin. Posting in twitter is already part of our airdrop stakes so i dont think we still need it for faucet. Captcha would be enough imo.

irenjosh

Glad to see you here mate! That's true, i'm here already and if you find me somewhere, be sure that the coin is amazing! :)
Warm thanks for the kind words, kinda miss the amazing days of DO :(
:cool:Then I guess I will have to start looking everywhere for your name, so I don't miss out on one good opportunity like I missed DO.:p

toffeenickyle143

Hello everyone!
Yeah, i'm proposing our team to work on and provide us with a Faucet, Dstra faucet!
I have no clue on how to open a faucet nowaday, but tell me about your thoughts!
do we really need a faucet for DSTRA community?
I think Raining DSTRA coins is better than a DSTRA Faucet. Faucet is limited when it dries out of DSTRA coins donations. Unlike In raining, somebody or anybody can give DSTRA coins to everybody who are online or to special roles in the DSTRA discord by raining to everybody it is much more fun in the discord.

tigrhes

Better think of other things now such as development.. faucet maybe can come in the future when the airdrop is almost finished

wndd

it's like the one offering by Deviant coin. Posting in twitter is already part of our airdrop stakes so i dont think we still need it for faucet. Captcha would be enough imo.
I think that the inclusion of social media stake in AirDrop and the presence of social faucet do not rebound. Both will help spread the topic on social media.
I think that implementation is good after AirDrop is over.

irenjosh

I think Raining DSTRA coins is better than a DSTRA Faucet. Faucet is limited when it dries out of DSTRA coins donations. Unlike In raining, somebody or anybody can give DSTRA coins to everybody who are online or to special roles in the DSTRA discord by raining to everybody it is much more fun in the discord.
This is another good idea. You should put this up in the suggestion channel on discord also.

FaucetKING

Staff member
We are not talking about what's better than the other.. we need both of them here in dstra!