What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

DSTRA Faucet!

Daily Task (Login, RT ...) with a premium for 100% attendance over a period of time is also a good option for a Faucet. It gives the habit to have a daily contact with the project ...

FaucetKING

Staff member
Daily Task (Login, RT ...) with a premium for 100% attendance over a period of time is also a good option for a Faucet. It gives the habit to have a daily contact with the project ...
Nice additions, i'm with you! that's really good and that will lead into a good reach!

sure, faucet should be important for community coin
more newbie can get a low entries to DSTRA from get some coin from faucet :)

javerzky

sure, wider distribution is the goal of success! look at btc for example.. if it wasnt a faucet powered, i wont be here with my nickname "FaucetKING"
lol maybe you can help the distra project in providing faucets . it is good to have faucet here in distra
nice name btw maybe it about to build faucet in corporate with your name :D

if we wants classic faucet then this faucet needs to get funds from somewhere. Do we want to take funds from AD pool? Or we want faucet to be public funded. So anyone can top up faucet.

tanuki

I think that faucet is not bad in the meaning of increasing the holder.
But the important thing is to provide the new holder with an incentive to actively participate in the community.
In order to do that, it should be a small amount that can be obtained from faucet.

FaucetKING

Staff member
lol maybe you can help the distra project in providing faucets . it is good to have faucet here in distra
nice name btw maybe it about to build faucet in corporate with your name :D
I forgot all about faucets since i were related to that field before like 4 years.. otherwise, i'd be happy to help :)

w2code

I guess there are multiple aspects and usages of faucets.
Might be possible to do a mix. For example, having the basic functionality and then if the user actually do a tweet or something else, it's possible to reward him with more coins.
However, this might just conflict with the airdrops mechanisms

FaucetKING

Staff member
I guess there are multiple aspects and usages of faucets.
Might be possible to do a mix. For example, having the basic functionality and then if the user actually do a tweet or something else, it's possible to reward him with more coins.
However, this might just conflict with the airdrops mechanisms
Its not a problem tbh, it helps gather more and more participants here in our forums and it will help make Dstra famous.
why would faucets make a problemor conflict with AD mechanism

PzYcO

@FaucetKING You are EVERYWHERE mate!

Havent seen you around DeepOnion in quite some time... that saddens me..

Happy to see you around again at least still active in crypto! Again... being the faucet king :D

w2code

Ads are what makes the faucet owner gain money and provide more coins with Ads payments.
Otherwise, there isn't another source of revenue
Nothing is actually in place yet, but if I'm going to make a faucet for the community, might not put ads on it but rely on donations.

FaucetKING

Staff member
@FaucetKING You are EVERYWHERE mate!

Havent seen you around DeepOnion in quite some time... that saddens me..

Happy to see you around again at least still active in crypto! Again... being the faucet king :D
Glad to see you here mate! That's true, i'm here already and if you find me somewhere, be sure that the coin is amazing! :)
Warm thanks for the kind words, kinda miss the amazing days of DO :(

PzYcO

Glad to see you here mate! That's true, i'm here already and if you find me somewhere, be sure that the coin is amazing! :)
Warm thanks for the kind words, kinda miss the amazing days of DO :(
Always great to join a new coin community and to see many familiar faces from other communities :)

FaucetKING

Staff member
Always great to join a new coin community and to see many familiar faces from other communities :)
Feel free to ask whenever you need something! also, be active to gather more stakes and help grow the community!
I'll be happy to help anytime! Best of luck mate!

Klax

is this faucet thing still a good idea ? i know btc used to have something like that and other coins have, but it seem to me kind of outdated...maybe im wrong

w2code

is this faucet thing still a good idea ? i know btc used to have something like that and other coins have, but it seem to me kind of outdated...maybe im wrong
As pointed out by couple people, it might also just be used by people to test if the wallet is correctly setup and working.

And maybe the idea to couple it with another task to promote the coin might still be interesting.

However, the problem might be more filling the faucet actually!