What's new
  • Thank you for your input for the last few days regarding the list of exchanges you want to see DSTRA in.
    These are our targets for fundraising going forward. Learn more

Blockchain anonymity

twthmoses

Staff member
Any plans of introducing some anonymity into the wallet to make transactions harder to track in the Block chain? I’m thinking about mixers and / or ring signatures, or maybe the more exotic zero knowledge proof, granted much harder to understand and implant.

Not asking for it, just curious if such things are up for discussion long-term?

Proof of existence, one of my all-time favorite working of the block chain. Does such a thing have a possibility in future wallet releases?

Any plans of introducing some anonymity into the wallet to make transactions harder to track in the Block chain? I’m thinking about mixers and / or ring signatures, or maybe the more exotic zero knowledge proof, granted much harder to understand and implant.

Not asking for it, just curious if such things are up for discussion long-term?

Proof of existence, one of my all-time favorite working of the block chain. Does such a thing have a possibility in future wallet releases?
Zero knowledge proof is nice. But please don't make it another privacy coin.

switch

privaty feature can be a choice into dstra systéme , people concerned by privacy can choose this option , default option should be open and treacable.

Meliodas

As You Think, You Shall Become!
Staff member
In our BCT ANN, it is stated already that DSTRA is a privacy coin, although there is still no exact details on how that.

Bodo

DSTRA Admin
Staff member
More info regarding the privacy features of DSTRA will be released soon in our Whitepaper, but indeed think in the direction of coin mixing, masternodes etcetera.

FaucetKING

Staff member
Glad to read comments from staff members saying that DSTRA will be an anonym Coin in the future, that's a good reason for me to keep holding my coins!
I'll be here to read the whitepaper when it gets released!

i wonder what each of us sees under blockchain anonimity? i believe right now we already in DSTRA can't see sender's address in transactions. I guess would be cool to create disposable addresses inside wallet. If you have address A you can create disposable address B and provide that address B for sender. After transactions is done the address B is burnt.

twthmoses

Staff member
i wonder what each of us sees under blockchain anonimity? i believe right now we already in DSTRA can't see sender's address in transactions. I guess would be cool to create disposable addresses inside wallet. If you have address A you can create disposable address B and provide that address B for sender. After transactions is done the address B is burnt.
We can seethe receiver and sender addresses. Nothing unusually in that, as with most coins.

Aren't masternodes for making our coin more annonymus? MNs do the coin mixing right?
Well yes and no. Master nodes can only service features that are in the wallet to begin with, like example some sort of anonymous send service or instant send option. Could also be an exchange service or some sort of commerce services, whatever the programmers can come up with, and in which direction the coin is going in / should be used for. If no such services exist a master node is just a node that is online 24/7, and keeps a real time block chain. One can argue, what is the need for it then? and I tend to agree.

twthmoses

Staff member
Privacy coin sounds nice, it will be the trend for future. Maybe we can wait for the whitepaper, it will have more details there.
That’s why I’m not asking for some anonymity; just curious whether something like that is up for discussion in the inner circles, when doing features sessions.

Anonymous is not something that is granted to you, nor will a piece of software do it for you. Help you; sure it will. In the electronic world you need to know what you are doing to stay 100% anonymous, and even then it is very hard. There are some very clever people out there, who will and can track you though things you did not even dream could be used for tracking. The very best way to stay anonymous is following the herd. Stay under the radar, lemming’s effect all the way. Once you get flagged, for whatever reason, - and mind you “normal” people just don’t get flagged out of nowhere, everything you every done, everything you every written or uploaded, will be found and come up. Once on the net, forever on the net.

abs1

I think privacy features integrated as features in our coin will add a lot of value. Sure there are many privacy coins out there but we should at least consider the option of having some degree of privacy embedded in our planning. By default being a fork dash MN code I think there is already the option of the mixing service, I would love to have additional privacy such as stealth addresses or another form of tx anonymization.

Eagerly awaiting the release of the white paper to see what it will entail.

Guess privacy coins have their uses but what utility will that have for the general public? Will it be something achievable for the devs that we have? Are there any legal implications around masternodes and those privacy features like coin mixing for example and money laundering?

Well yes and no. Master nodes can only service features that are in the wallet to begin with, like example some sort of anonymous send service or instant send option. Could also be an exchange service or some sort of commerce services, whatever the programmers can come up with, and in which direction the coin is going in / should be used for. If no such services exist a master node is just a node that is online 24/7, and keeps a real time block chain. One can argue, what is the need for it then? and I tend to agree.
And so do I. After all the privacy scandals which seem to affect the manistream every second day, I believe that no new cryptocoin has really a sense today without some privacy protecting tech embedded inside. It is already an argument, and it will be ever more in future.

Anonymous currency is not preferred when you are watching current global trends
It seems like a den of money laundering and it will be necessary to carefully monitor future trends

I believe most coins will start heading in the direction of privacy again, long term a lot of people will try their best to avoid the KYC coins on the ETH blockchain that are asking for your details.

Big brother of course would like to regulate everything. I believe in freedom. Rage against the machine. Of course privacy/anonymity crypto could be misused, but this also happens in the underworld with money, even big companies.

R

panget

anonymity/privacy feature in dstra: the community should discuss if we need this feature or not. we should determine the purpose of dstra project. if there's a need for privacy, then I think this should be added in the near future. if the usage of dstra requires all transactions to be documented/traced/transparent, then I think privacy feature must not be implemented.

Meliodas

Staff member
anonymity/privacy feature in dstra: the community should discuss if we need this feature or not. we should determine the purpose of dstra project. if there's a need for privacy, then I think this should be added in the near future. if the usage of dstra requires all transactions to be documented/traced/transparent, then I think privacy feature must not be implemented.
it will be implemented, please refer to BCT announcement and coin specification.

Well yeah anonymity feature for coins is really important. McAfee said that the privacy coins will be the most successful coin through the years. Hope it will be implemented. Soon! :D

Meliodas

Staff member
Well yeah anonymity feature for coins is really important. McAfee said that the privacy coins will be the most successful coin through the years. Hope it will be implemented. Soon! :D
I hope it will be implemented on the new wallet
there is alot of competition now for privacy coins, it's definitely not the same market a few years ago.
but it also shows how big the animosity for privacy coins